what i realy think it needs ? well here it go's

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
what I really do think would help here is , an forum just for reviews ! Well let me say this , if I shop online and see a review , and 4 people gave an 5 star rating , what is going through my mind is (well the truth is ) that if I had an business online and it was slow I could very easily get 4 people to give a 5 star rating . Now that I have said this , on the other hand if I saw a product and I was torn between my choices . And saw a rating of 5 stars or even 4 by 40 to 300 people it will be the one I buy . Of course if one business gets low ratings they may not like it , but if they care about there business they need to listen to there customers and make improvements what do yall think? and I believe without competition business is bad

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
I think one of the rules here is not to bash any one/ or company but if we could do it as a rateing on products could slip around this rule as long as there was no place for an "open ended" complaint. there would have to be multiple choice answers such as:How do you rate
"Company name" in terms of parts, shipping, customer service and give like a 1-10 scale on each term basis. I dont know let me know if you like or can even understand it.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Re: sure you make a good point not to bash a compan

Re: sure you make a good point not to bash a company or take away customers , but the rateing idea is a good one .. the last thing we would need to do is hurt any company now and days ! i have seen some complaints here in the general posting area about shipping and the condition of the products when they get them ( i speak no handels ! ) i do know you can click on any of the companies here and go to the site , then once there,, most have ratings , and a place to put a comment, i think this is a worthy post though i all ways go by reveiws !! a rateing is a good idea .. but the moderators here do a great job i think ! some times some one post a link away from the companies here that could or could not take away from companies ... i hope they will give a warning before booting people .. we must be carefull and i understand that .. and there are kids and family here too..
I think one of the rules here is not to bash any one/ or company but if we could do it as a rateing on products could slip around this rule as long as there was no place for an "open ended" complaint. there would have to be multiple choice answers such as:How do you rate
"Company name" in terms of parts, shipping, customer service and give like a 1-10 scale on each term basis. I dont know let me know if you like or can even understand it.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
sorry guys and gals. reason i do not do this is thier is no way i can verify what people are saying. its real easy for someone to join under multiple alias names to make sure a dealer gets a bad rating. the minute anything is removed we are going to get acusssed of protecting a dealer or a dealer could have people join just to make sure they have a great reputation. it works both ways. at least once a month we get someone trying to come here and ruin a dealers reputation and no its not the same dealer it is a different one everytime. the few times i did get involved thier was a whole lot more to the story then what was being posted here. if i could fiqure out a way to do this where it would be honest and not biased or easily minupulated i would

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think it's a good idea if only positive comments are made. I have found clever features on bike builds that I have otherwise hated.
We want to support the people that support this industry, whether we have the same preferences or not.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
yep .. delete this post lol

all though i do buy products rated 40 to 300 .. but its kind of like harmonycentral , some will swear there guitar , bike ect. is tops across the board
sorry guys and gals. reason i do not do this is thier is no way i can verify what people are saying. its real easy for someone to join under multiple alias names to make sure a dealer gets a bad rating. the minute anything is removed we are going to get acusssed of protecting a dealer or a dealer could have people join just to make sure they have a great reputation. it works both ways. at least once a month we get someone trying to come here and ruin a dealers reputation and no its not the same dealer it is a different one everytime. the few times i did get involved thier was a whole lot more to the story then what was being posted here. if i could fiqure out a way to do this where it would be honest and not biased or easily minupulated i would

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
if I can help

Hello Paul , let me say it is nice to meet the Administrator , it shows me that you are here and care about what go’s on here . Its more than I can say about other sites with forums and chat , I don’t stay at sites that don’t have moderators and such . I see exactly what you are saying, now that I have said this I want to say that so far the moderators and other personnel here have done a great job so far since I have been here . The undermine schemes that you are talking can happen very easily. If you see fit to change this posting to an different title such as how to help battle such things as this going on , please do so. I will say that I posted an topic entitled - hobbies - in the tavern post , within seconds an moderator dug up the subject and put it where it belonged - great job to all of you !!!! P.S if there is anything I can do to help keep this site a nice and safe place for family let me know , latter , Kicking

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thank you kicking and nice to meet you. myself and all the mods do take a lot of pride in the site. we have met some really great people and continue to meet more. we have had first hand experience with one person trying to ruin one business because they were not satisfied or didn't put oil in the gas and burnt up the engine and they figured publicly bashing the company in an open forum that it would force the company to give them a new engine to save their reputation and i am afraid of making that avenue. i want the site to be a nice friendly place where people can meet new friends and learn and teach each other all they know about motorized bicycles. if i was to set up an area where people could just post positive info about a company that wouldn't be right neither because not all our experiences are positive. as i said if their was a way i could do it and verify what is posted i would be glad to do it but there is not and only way their would be is if orders came through this site which of course they don't. thank you for the good posts which give us things to think about.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
i think we all need a section where we can all lie about how clever we are and how fast are bikes go...lol.....i agree with you paul...we cant be bashing the suppliers that float the bill for this site...oh but can i bash the ups guy that delivered my last motor....he left it in a puddle.....i guess the dry spot 4 ft away would have killed him...hahaha

Last edited: