stuck my foot in it...Ne-R MOTOR

GoldenMotor.com

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
Bought a motor off the always bad Craigslist as a ne-5 motor and it turned out when I get it.
Nope. NE-R . What makes it worse I call Debbie @ whizzer usa . She runs the serial #
And it was a returned ambassador that was defective and was to be destroyed. If you are ever going to buy a motor get the serial# and call Debbie and get the scoop. Save yourself
The pain im about to go through . I paid 350.00 and im going to have to put another 500.00
To make it a good motor out of it

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
How are you getting any info out of Debbie at Whizzer? I sent a simple email about two months ago asking for a color code for their "vintage maroon" color and got nothing in return....

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
Call her I got info in ten minutes ? She has always been super helpful
I just call 877-944-9937 & she gives me any info I ask for.maybe call and talk to her. Im sure it just a lack Of communication. She sent me the pdf of the carb manual .No charge
Whizzer rocks

Last edited:

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
Atombikes get me the info you need and ill see if I can get it for you . Im going to call her tomorrow and make a order . Let me see what I can do

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Atombikes get me the info you need and ill see if I can get it for you . Im going to call her tomorrow and make a order . Let me see what I can do
Thank you, sir. I didn't want to call and take up their time since I was not ordering anything. I need the color code or any type of info on how to blend the color so I can have some mixed. Or even a comparable rattle-can color would work.

I'm planning on painting the fender stays/braces since the cheap chrome is rusting.

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
I'll call her around noon and get the info and get with you on that info tonight after work . We have the same bike so the info will help me too

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
Atombike
hey buddy I talked to Debbie today she said the only numbers that she used to have were for a Taiwan company. she tried to cross reference the numbers to an American paint manufacturer with no luck she no longer has those color codes she suggested to me that you take the best piece of your bike with the color that's in good condition to an automotive body shop she said they can probably match it up for you. I have the exact same color bike so I told her that I had the problem and we talked for 45 minutes to come up with a solution. I hope this helps you and I'm sorry I couldn't do more on that but if you need anything else please feel free to contact me or give Debbie a call at whizzer US.also told me to apologize to you for not getting back to your email.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Atombike
hey buddy I talked to Debbie today she said the only numbers that she used to have were for a Taiwan company. she tried to cross reference the numbers to an American paint manufacturer with no luck she no longer has those color codes she suggested to me that you take the best piece of your bike with the color that's in good condition to an automotive body shop she said they can probably match it up for you. I have the exact same color bike so I told her that I had the problem and we talked for 45 minutes to come up with a solution. I hope this helps you and I'm sorry I couldn't do more on that but if you need anything else please feel free to contact me or give Debbie a call at whizzer US.also told me to apologize to you for not getting back to your email.
whitehead-
Thanks for your effort! I was afraid that something like this would happen (paint code lost in time). Oh well, color matching was my next logical step. I was just hopeful that maybe there was a rattle can equivalent to avoid the expense (and minor hassle) of getting a pint or quart of auto paint mixed up.

If I come up with something, I'll let you know.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Bought a motor off the always bad Craigslist as a ne-5 motor and it turned out when I get it.
Nope. NE-R . What makes it worse I call Debbie @ whizzer usa . She runs the serial #
And it was a returned ambassador that was defective and was to be destroyed. If you are ever going to buy a motor get the serial# and call Debbie and get the scoop. Save yourself
The pain im about to go through . I paid 350.00 and im going to have to put another 500.00
To make it a good motor out of it
There are less then 100 NE-R s out there. 2008, if you got one hang on to it.
Black, Blue and Red.

500.00 sounds like a lot.

Ray

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
The small flywheels are a problem plus I stole the upper end off for my wc1 black panther . So no upper end unless I use the junk new in the box set up I have with the screw in valve block . I hear the gasket is paper and burns up and the the motor wont run. So im kind of screwed till I find another good ne5 cylinder
? Also all I have is the ne-r motor not the whole bike ray. The panther came with tons of spare parts all new but the guy I got it from bought a lot of the junkie stuff that we hear about on here . He should have been reading post. Oh well someone will figure out how to fix that cylinder someday then ill be ready.
If anyone has a GOOD NE5 cylinder ill buy it to put my ne-r motor right
WHIZZERS RULE

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
No I know richard Helmutt real well and he has built stuff for me has just warned me of posible problem the ball bearings on the cover side going out. Second the flywheels are smaller than in the ne5 and wc1 motors and that means a weak low end. Third that motor that I have came off a ambassador from what
Debbie at whizzer told me. Was set up for a cvt transmission and again the flywheels where smaller because of this. So im not going to chance tearing it up. Im just going to sit on it till I can figure out what to do. I have 3 running whizzers now . Well two and im finishing up my wc1 for my 3rd this week.
Good motors are running out I hear so I dont want to help kill motors....lolso in short I guess I heard its crap.....lol again
WHIZZERS RULE