Dellorto sha lever choke issue

GoldenMotor.com

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
I purchased the dellorto sha and decided on the lever choke as my handle bars are a mess as it is. One more cable is one more cable.

I know how the lever choke is suppose to work, push it down to engage it, then it locks with a small arm. When you go to full throttle the small arm is suppose to move and release the choke; However, I am not sure how to make this happen. I have everything installed (hopefully properly) and when i push the choke on and give it full throttle (with the bike OFF, just testing it right) the choke does not disengage. I took off my air filter to watch it as i do everything. the small locking arm does not waver at all.

I am wondering if anyone has ever had experience with this and may be able to steer me in the right direction. I would really appreciate it.

Pic 1 is a parts diagram, the lever is part #11,
Pic 2 is choke off
pic 3 is choke on

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
i put the choke on and pulled the cable up just above the carb. Nothing happened, i pulled it quite hard. Nothing moved... :S

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Everyone that I have touched the choke release never worked from the get go. I am not sure what causes it cause I have never seen anything wrong?

All I know is I take mine apart then re-assemble and they have worked every time after doing this.

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
how exactly do you rebuild them fairracing? im just rebuilding the top, i get that, but what is tear down procedure? I know what you mean on the nothing looks wrong part. I cannot understand how it wont work. Btw, can anyone post a photo of how the throttle cable goes through the slide? I am concerned that the way i did it may be wrong? thanks.