Looking for pedals...

GoldenMotor.com

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
So I'm looking for pedals for my Harley Board Track bike and I wondered if anyone on here has some for sale or knows where I can find some.

If not if you've seen some really neat looking pedals or have a picture of some post them here. Would love to see what people do for pedals!

Here is a pic of my bike so you see what look I'm trying to achive...

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Yeah I looked at all of these today. The two that are more vintage looking are nice but I don't think the right look. I like the tear drop pedals the most but I think I can find better. I've been looking at old photos of the bikes and there were some really cools pedals. One I like (I don't have a pic or I would post it) has a star shape on the end of the pedals...they look really nice!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
wald white block pedals, ebay: VINTAGE WALD 6140 WHITE BICYCLE PEDALS - eBay (item 280400793815 end time Sep-29-09 17:14:55 PDT)

or, these white block repros from chain gang lowriders: Pedals

if you're looking for a "period correct" look, you gotta take off the reflectors. i think those didn't become mandatory till the early 70's.

all the harley bikes i've seen from the early 1900's all have black, block pedals. probably torringtons. just search ebay for "torrington pedals" and a bunch will come up.

if you want the look that "seattle rider" above is talking about, search MKS sylvan pedals. they might not come in 1/2 inch to fit one piece cranks, though.

good luck.

Attachments

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Thanks for the info bairdco! You're correct about the torrigtons...they looks like what I see on the old photos of the Harley bikes. And hte MKS sylvan look great but as you mentioned it's hard to find them at 1/2 inch. But I want to get the correct look so I think i'll stick with the torrington or torrington style pedals. There is a guy that lives near me that has the most vintage bikes and parts in the NW and I'm sure he will have something I can buy. In the meantime I'm going to keep looking around...

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Glad i could help.That's going to be a beautiful ride. Im looking towards my first build.You got a deal on that one. keep us posted

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
the nice thing about Torringtons is you can change the blocks and they come in quite a few vintage colors.

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
the nice thing about Torringtons is you can change the blocks and they come in quite a few vintage colors.
Exactly....what I want to do is get the "diamond" pattern ones... like Ed did here on his Cyclone bike.

Here is what they look like on a REALLY nice bike ( I think Paul Brodie's Excelsior) ...