New ground? Dax KTM on an OCC.

GoldenMotor.com

VariousVices

Dec 2, 2015
City of Night
Ok I've got the bike, it's a 20" web edition with f&r brakes and fenders and the totally useless pegs. 19" Apes and a good stem are installed and I'm working out the seat. I don't rally like the look of a bent post, it's ok but I'm looking at other options...maybe a dirt bike or small motorcycle seat, might have to fab a pan or mount, might go old school polo seat looks great but I'm worried about comfort. I'm 6'2" with long lanky arms and legs. I really wish I could find and xl bike or frame.I love the look of a well done occ. As far as mounting the motor in the frame, has anyone done it yet? Any advice from anyone that has mounted the KTM clone? Or am I gonna have to get the motor make it work? I'll get pics up as soon as I resize. Right now I'm doing basic maintenance on all the moving parts, bearings and cables. Gonna get it riding good as I can so it will be reliable. I already ride it almost every day around Hollywood for a few miles. And it rides great except for the but busting seat.... Disk brakes are coming first. Any pointers or kit reviews there? Peddlechoppers parts look great and all but I only plan to have about a grand in this thing, so I gotta be frugal where I can. So his seven hundred dollar shift kit is out. I'd buy it in a heatbeat if it was half that and China girl this thing....I could build a sweet cruiser or MTB just for the price of his three speed transmission. And I don't want a suicide shift- esp with tall apes, they call it that for a reason. I get wiggles ridding one handed with no motor. I am a bit twitchy tho lol. I am gonna get a few of his must have pieces-better forks and trees, hub mount, and maybe his frame extenders for a larger rear wheel I think I've found a 26x4 multi speed wheel that will work, but it's just for the pedals I'm going left side drive for drivetrain simplicity. Well I think that's enuf for the moment. Anyone feel free to chime in, I'm really curious if the motor will fit the frame without too much of a fight.

Last edited:

pedalchopper

May 9, 2010
Ft Myers beach Florida
re-inforce frame - they have a tendency of breaking on either side of top and bottom tube where [large oval frame tube meets wishbone... No one has a Kit for what you are looking fopr - at this point - you will have to engineer on your own as far as I know....

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Check out the build that I did with a Ktm clone on an OCC. It fits well within the frame. I second that you will need to reinforce the frame, mine had cracks from a previous HT engine setup. The rear triangle is the area to keep an eye on.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The best option without frame mods is a Pedalchopper alloy layback seatpost and a good cruiser seat.
Makes a WORLD of difference. Very first part I got.

VariousVices

Dec 2, 2015
City of Night
Well ok.....not gonna cut this one up. It's a web edition, not like that means too much but it's complete and the paint isn't in bad shape, just the chrome, and there won't be any of that left when I'm done. That sucks cuz I really wanted a Ktm 50. New thread....maybe electric+ China girl occ.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Mine was cracked from a China girl previously on it, these frames need to be overlaid and gusseted around the rear triangle to be safe motorized if ridden by adults.