Centrifugal Clutch and Pull Start issue

GoldenMotor.com

bubba

Apr 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
So i bought my engine from ebay, (not the best idea, agreed)

and it came with a cent. clutch and pull start addon preinstalled.
But the issue is that after about three runs on the bike, i accidently stalled it by covering the air intake whilst adjusting the carb. When i stalled it, the pull start cable snapped at the handle and the handle literally fell off. It was funny to say the least but i'm pretty pissed haha.

I thought to myself "No problem i prefer to bump-start mine anyway" and decided i'd purchase a manual clutch lever, rod and bucking bar setup.

But after i pulled off the cover i noticed there was no hole for a bucking bar or bearing to slot in, which kind of makes sense.

So my question is, how would i go about setting up a manual clutch lever in addition to the cent. clutch? what do i need and how do i install it? attatched are some pics.

this is the cover removed

you can see the shaft is just a straight threaded rod

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Better fix your starter you ain't going to bump start it with a cent. clutch.
If you could get the correct parts you could replace the shaft and all the parts that go with it to make it a manual clutch. I think, I've never done it but I'm guessing it can be done.

bubba

Apr 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Hm, the pullstart units are hunks of sh*t.
I was under the impression you could still have the manual lever to completely disengage the clutch, then drop it when peddling to engage and the cent. kicks in.

Alright, thankyou :-||

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
i bought a cint clutch but not sure how to install it, any help would be appreciated
I'm fairly certain this isn't the right forum to ask that, however if you dont have a pull start, you'd probably be better off waiting until you get one. From my understanding (and the above posts), you NEED a pull start to start the bike with a cclutch. But I'd say try posting this in the aftermarket or 2-cycle forums, but honestly, as far as I know, the aftermarket parts available for this motor (except Reed Valves) are all straight bolt-ons

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
i bought a cint clutch but not sure how to install it, any help would be appreciated
Here you go on the install:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Motorized-Bicycle-Centrifugal-Clutch-Install/

Here's how to add a lube port from Fabian. I had trouble accessing this forum, but will add a link to the cache copy:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...6cc-70cc-80cc-pull-start-pedal-start-2-stroke

Here's the current link: http://motorizedbikeforum.the-talk....6cc-70cc-80cc-pull-start-pedal-start-2-stroke

Here's a tip from Fabian on the other forum on how to make the pull-cord last longer: If you de-burr the guide where the rope runs through the housing and impregnate the starter cord with Teflon grease, you won't have any problems with cord breakage.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

Vince

Sep 30, 2011
canada
ahhh yes thank you vm i do have a pull cord on the bike, these instructions were exactly what i needed, thanks again