Donut Derelicts

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Twist

Mar 8, 2015
Huntington Beach CA
Yep. Engineered the trail right out of it.

Hey guy's. Easy twist here owner of the copper bobber. Please enlighten me with what your referring to in your drawing and comment about the trail. I would think its about the geometry. Will say the bike rides amazing. Very tame and stable. Thanks

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Easy Twist,

I would say if you have been riding it and it seems stable at speeds, it should be ok. The way you measure the trail of your front fork geometry is you draw a straight line that follows the middle of your fork head tube and continues down to the ground. When you are measuring this you should have both tires on the ground as it would be while riding.

So you get a long straight edge, hold it along the mid section of the head tube and put a piece of tape on the ground where the straight edge lands. You then take a large carpenter's square and line it up with the axle of your front wheel and put a piece of tape on the ground where that square lands.

The front axle mark should be behind the head tube mark, in other words closer to the back of the bike than the head tube mark. The distance between the two marks is your trail. I believe a trail of 2 to 3 inches is optimal, but don't quote me on that.

By the looks of the photo and the superimposed lines, it looks as if you have a trail of zero or even possibly a positive trail where the head tube mark is behind the front axle mark. But photos are misleading, I notice that your wheel is turned to the side, and that could affect the photo.

So I would take the measurements of the head tube angle and the front axle and go from there. Let us know what your measurements are.

Hope that helped,

Gilbert

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I was wondering about that duel exhaust pipe. Is that pretty effective on these kinds of small engines? It can't act like a expansion chamber but what is the advantage?

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Which bike has dual exhaust? I think the only reason the whizzer pipe gets bigger heading back may be to insert a usable sized silencer