Stretched pick-up trike honda gc160

GoldenMotor.com

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Hey guys- did a mash up today of two of my non riders to make something ill actually use. 90s mountain bike and a crappy sears tricycle i cut the seat post off the trike and down tube and reverse it into the down tube of the mountain bike. Then i can just reweld the seat post and the pedals stay intact. I have my honda gc160 build with a 22 mikuni carb going on and ill have to think about a tank later on. Next thing is the flat bed part i want to weld up bracketing to do a classic pickup truck stakebed with lots of reinforcement on the seat post... and hide the engine so it doesn't look like its 160cc :)

check the pictures and comment on any problems you might see with it its my first trike build!

Attachments

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
so bad news i had to sacrifice the gc160 for the china girl :-|| my father is a town manager back home and would love to use it as a daily driver during the summer months.. and he doesn't need to be getting pulled over by his own police force for illegal power.. will get updated pictures. got most of the frame together and motor mounted also chopped up and made a fun exhaust.. it should still be cool i guess

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
What about a 79cc Predator 4 stroke instead of the China girl engine? It is on sale most of the time at Harbour Freight for around $100.00 and in my opinion is a much better engine choice for the trike than the CG. No pedal start and the pull start is super easy with one or two pulls. Without the stickers on the engine who is to know that it is over 50CC? Or if you want to be a purist then the 50CC Hua Sheng 142F, also 4 stroke and easy to pull start. Your father wouldn't be going fast, so gearing it down will give enough power.
Pedal starting a heavy trike is no fun, especially for old legs. Just a thought...
SB