New tandem build, from the old tandem.....

GoldenMotor.com

tallcrown

Jun 14, 2011
NJ
yea you also have propane as a option now
Yes BUT. Why would you want to use Propane? Compressed Air, No Spark Plug, No cost for fuel etc. I feel bad now. I think I have hijacked this Great Tandem Build page. Sorry, I did not intend to do that.
I just brought it up since this Build is done so well I thought you may want to try a Compressed air Engine.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes BUT. Why would you want to use Propane? Compressed Air, No Spark Plug, No cost for fuel etc. I feel bad now. I think I have hijacked this Great Tandem Build page. Sorry, I did not intend to do that.
I just brought it up since this Build is done so well I thought you may want to try a Compressed air Engine.
I think the electric start GX 160 will work just fine because that is the engine I have to work with and it's brand new. It's guaranteed to work and I've already installed a billet rod and a modified cam in it ;)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ok then.......after the race this coming week-end I will def be getting this tandem back on the road for some fun Summer cruising. I'm looking forward to this rebuild of a build of a build once again! Stay tuned!

.wee.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This is taking forever.......need more hours in the day laff This always happens when you try to work on 2 or 3 bikes at a time, and work just gets in the way and slows the progress. Workin' 2 jobs at times just makes it worse, I wanna retire...

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Alrighty then.....some more pics for inspiration and next a little vid of the electric starter doing it's thing once the fuel finally makes it to the carb.

got a few neat mods I'm doing this time around....think it'll be better than ever!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
OK, back to this build as I finally finished the 79cc aluminum bike for one of my sons. Will be putting in a full day tomorrow and hope to get as much done as possible, which could be a lot..or? Can't wait to finish this one again as it's twice the fun of a single seater ;)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Really didn't get much done today as the weather was incredible.......warm and sunny so I took the 99cc out on a nice long test ride and had a blast. Running the 19mm carb and larger intake manifold, I was pushing 7,200rpm a lot with no ill effects. The bike is running great!

I did play with the tandem a bit however.....put a few cogs on to drive the rear wheel with the engine and had a gear ratio of 1.980:1. Shut the engine down and the rear wheel was still spinning at a bazillion miles per hour.......scary yet impressive.

Progress in the works........

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It wasn't just the French being strange, the Dutch were in there as well. Eysinck Renata