My first attempt at a OCC Stingray

GoldenMotor.com

35 PROG

Feb 3, 2012
iowa
Well, been lurking for sometime and finally got far enough to post my build pics. To more experienced builders out there if you see a problem please point it out.

Here is a quick list of mods so far.
1.) Stretched frame approx 8 inches and added a rectangle tube to make mounting easier.
2.) Motorcycle rear tire.
3.) Stretched forks approx 8 inches.
4.) Homade jackshaft to a Sturmy Archer 3 speed hub mid drive.
5.) raised stock bars 5"
6.) Will add a lights, fenders, handmade tank, disc brakes, and suicide shift

here are mock up photos as of today

Attachments

35 PROG

Feb 3, 2012
iowa
I used a regular AW hub and tig welded a matching sprocket to the other side of the body. I did let it cool between welds and it appears to function ok under pedal power. I have since learned they make a hub for trikes that has sporckets on same side, this would be much simpler. Time will tell if this will work, if not it will be a bummer, tons of time in it.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i hope it works its a realy cool looking transmission option
if it doesent the frame stretch makes this a great bike to stick a lifan `MB engine in they fit in this bike normally if you cut the seat post out but your mods would make it easy.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Love your original drive train. What is that gadget near the 3 speed hub that looks to be made from a caliper brake?
I love the "Smoke tires not drugs" quote.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Well, been lurking for sometime and finally got far enough to post my build pics. To more experienced builders out there if you see a problem please point it out.

Here is a quick list of mods so far.
1.) Stretched frame approx 8 inches and added a rectangle tube to make mounting easier.
2.) Motorcycle rear tire.
3.) Stretched forks approx 8 inches.
4.) Homade jackshaft to a Sturmy Archer 3 speed hub mid drive.
5.) raised stock bars 5"
6.) Will add a lights, fenders, handmade tank, disc brakes, and suicide shift

here are mock up photos as of today
35 PROG,

Your choice in rear tire caught my eye,

( Dunlop D402 Harley-Davidson Blackwall Rear Tire - Size : MT90B-16)
Tire Size: 130/90-16 Rim Diameter: 16
Position: Rear Width: 5.00-5.10″
Speed Rating: H - Rated up to 130 MPH
Overall Diameter: 25.70″ Tread Depth: 9/32″
Sold in Units: Each DOT Approved: Yes
Tire Construction: Bias Ply Inch System: 5.10-16
Inner Diameter: 16″ Tire Width: 130/MT
Aspect Ratio: 90 Sidewall: Blackwall
Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless Load Rating: 74

Very few builders are aware of or know that these Harley Tires fit great on OCC Stingray rear wheels.

Same size tire I use on my Custom XXL Choppers, and same length of stretch I use when adding the Honda crf 50 / Honda Mini Trail 50 clone engines.

here's a pic of an XXL Chopper with a Honda Horizontal clone 4-stroke:

Keep us posted on your progress.

You'll find the Honda cloned 4-stroke motors on used 50cc cloned dirtbikes and ATV's, just something to think about.

C.H.

35 PROG

Feb 3, 2012
iowa
Predator, The hub just ahead of the seat post is a 3 speed planetary hub. The brake levers will become a suicide shifter for the hub.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
looks pretty cool to me so far.
i hope you plan on losing the knobby front tire tho.
I have 2 brand new occ 24" front tires if you're interested in buying one.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
35 PROG,

Your choice in rear tire caught my eye, 35 PROG.

FYI StingRay Chopper Builders yes you can fit the below tire on the StingRay Choppers rear wheel / rim!

( Dunlop D402 Harley-Davidson Blackwall Rear Tire )

Tire Specs
Tire Size: 130/90-16 Rim Diameter: 16
Position: Rear Width: 5.00-5.10″
Speed Rating: H - Rated up to 130 MPH
Overall Diameter: 25.70″ Tread Depth: 9/32″
Sold in Units: Each DOT Approved: Yes
Tire Construction: Bias Ply Inch System: 5.10-16
Inner Diameter: 16″ Tire Width: 130/MT
Aspect Ratio: 90 Sidewall: Blackwall
Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless Load Rating: 74

Very few builders are aware of or know that these Harley Tires fit great on OCC Stingray rear wheels.

Same size tire I use on my Custom XXL Choppers, and same length of stretch I use when adding the Honda crf 50 / Honda Mini Trail 50 clone engines.

here's a pic of an XXL Chopper with a Honda Horizontal clone 4-stroke:

Keep us posted on your progress.

You'll find the Honda cloned 4-stroke motors on used 50cc cloned dirtbikes and ATV's, just something to think about.

C.H.
whats the rear tire off of
auflg
predator99guy, the Tire info is above. These are the same tires used on my 1995 Harley Dyna Wide Glide!

Got any updated pics?
chain, I too am hoping he will give us a 2013 build update on his build with pictures.

35 PROG, any update?

C.H.

35 PROG

Feb 3, 2012
iowa
Hey Guys, I wanted to give an update on this project. I have not worked on it in over a year, but it runs and moves on its own power. I am off on my gearing and having some issues with chain lines due to the m/c tire. Don't give up on me (my nephew has'nt yet) Will dig it out and take another swing at it soon. Only have one day a week to work on it, so progress will be slow, but hopefully steady.