kings sprocket mounted to disk brake mount

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
well this is amazing. i bolted the sprocket on in about 2 minutes. i bought a 40 tooth sprocket from kings and it is not only beautiful but mounted nicely. here are some pictures. i am going to get some other sizes and its nice an hour job takes 3 minutes and no more bent spokes. plus you know you are all square. here are some pictures

Attachments

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
Lucky dog... I had to grind off my disc brake hub mounts because the sprocket would've hit the frame. I've got a deep-dish rear end with 9-speed cassette, so the offset is pretty far left. In fact, even after grinding off the rotor mounts and spoke-mounting the sprocket in addition to engine left-tilting, there is noticeable "chain-walk" (is that a word?) between the offset engine and spoke sprockets. Only time will test long term durability in my case.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Would I have to call King's? I did not see it at there web site. I'm ordering some new wheels this weekend so I figured I should at least look into it before I get everything mounted up. If I'm going to do it, now is the time.
:ride2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Andyinchville1 owns kings so you could pm here also the on the left is a link to his web area. great guy and will take good care of you

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Andyinchville1 owns kings so you could pm here also the on the left is a link to his web area. great guy and will take good care of you
I've ordered 4 top hats and 5 sprockets from him in the last 2 months and the orders are late,
The fee
That got here were 70% wrong. And I can't get
A response from them. He said they only answer emails from PayPal. In other words, only money coming in. #nothappy

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
I've ordered 4 top hats and 5 sprockets from him in the last 2 months and the orders are late,
The fee
That got here were 70% wrong. And I can't get
A response from them. He said they only answer emails from PayPal. In other words, only money coming in. #nothappy
http://kingssalesandservice.com/contact/
Our Phone : (434) 971-7924

He juggles several things at once, but hes a good guy with great products.

Best of luck.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Pay pal is your friend in this situation. If you cant get a response from him, try through pay pal, they will help you, but you only have a certain amount of time to do a complaint.

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
if you are looking for 40tooth or 48 tooth, I recommend Manic Mechanic mmbikeparts.com ever since George took it over.. stuff ships fast, and he'll reply to you.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Someone should start making a clamp on, two piece hub adapter like the sprocket adapters but made to take a disc brake rotor. That way you could run a sprocket on the left, like Paul is doing, and a disc brake on the right.

The only problem I can see is that with the 6 bolt, ISO pattern most rotors use you might have spoke interference. I might experiment with this some day.

Some guys have adapted a disc brake rotor to mount with the sprocket but in every case I've seen they have to use a small, 36T sprocket to have enough clearance for the caliper to miss the chain. Or mount the caliper where it doesn't make full pad contact with the rotor.

A clamp on adapter would make putting disc brakes on either the front or rear wheel easy. You'd still need to fabricate a caliper bracket but that wouldn't be hard.

Tom

Last edited: