Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Excellent to hear, Steve. We'll be wanting pictures when the time comes. The other tri-car, the Indian Hiawatha, has been moved from storage at the lake place in Minnesota to my ground floor apartment in Ely, Minnesota where is sits as a focal point in my living room. It will be the subject of much "creative staring" in the coming dark months of winter as plans are made for finishing it up come summer bike camp. It has been a long haul, my friend, but the day is coming when both tri-cars will make their run down Bear Head Road from Eagles Nest Lake to Bear Head Lake... woohoo!
SB

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
The build is back on again at long last. Health has improved enough to get back at it.

I've ordered a crank set from Pat at Sportsman Flyer. It will be nice to have some superior quality parts on the bike. I asked him if it was possible to get a custom sprocket made for the rear wheel so I can use their rear sprocket mount. I like idea of the fit that you will get with a three piece mount.

It will be a while before the parts get here but still lots of small things to work on.

Steve.

Yuu Hooo! Great news!

-Mr. B.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Put the pedal crank set in that I bought from Sportsman Flyer. Beautifully made and took five minutes to put in. Tapped the bearings into the bottom bracket and slid the pedal shaft through the bearings and put the pedal arm on and it was done.

Choke is hooked up and tomorrow I'll work on the throttle hook up.

Steve.

http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab228/speedydick/Indian Tri-car Build/

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just a quick update and a thank you for everyone who has stopped in to look at the thread. It's not dead and abandoned and fortunately neither am I.

I've been fighting a bone infection in my left knee for two years now and I have to go back in to have surgery on it in a couple of days to replace the replaced knee with a temporary replaced knee that will dispense an antibiotic for about 8 weeks and then when the infection has cleared up they will replace that one with a permanent replaced knee once again. It will be as much fun as it sounds as well.

From previous experience my guess would be that I'll be back at the tri car some time in March to finish it off if everything goes well and sooner if I can drag myself into the workshop.

Steve.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Well God bless and i will keep you in my prayers. Just thinking about you and when you were to go in. Good luck ...................Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Does this mean there is hope for motor bicycle summer camp for boys who never grew up 2016? May it be so...
Wishing you the very best with the surgery and healing, my friend. It has been a long time since we jumped off the "let's build tri-cars" cliff some years ago. It would be cause for major celebration to ride our tri-cars down Bear Head Road next summer. Let's do it!
SB

Last edited: