are 2 stroke engine kits the same?

GoldenMotor.com

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
I am old and ran a lot of 2 strokes back in the 60's. First I think comparing the standard engine oil to the new two stroke oils is not something that can be done. They are made for two entirely different purposes. In the 60's (and probably now in China) regular single grade oil was the standard, 16 to 1 oil fuel mix was sort of a universal mix for any 2 stroke. 20 to one was used for some of the more modern engines it seems. Now the new purpose made 2 stroke oils are completely different. My approach to it is for brake in I simple double up on the new synthetic oils for break in. The stuff I got was 5.5 ounces and says makes 2 gallons, so I just use 5.5 ounces in one gallon, that works out to 23 to one oil to fuel but is double what is recommended for mix for the chain saw. Nearly no smoke and runs perfect. The quality and formulation of the oil has way more to do with your results than the basic mix ratio. Larry

simonbauman

Mar 1, 2019
absolutely not! i have been researching this to try to find the answer. their is numerous company's producing the motors in china. they may look the same but they are not. what made me look into this is my first motor was the cheapest i could find and it had bushing bearings and wanted to replace them with roller bearings but they would not fit. the similarities in the motors is basics like carburetors and exhaust mounts are the same. however their is like 4 different styles and lengths of exhaust available of different kits i have found. same with cdi's. they may look the same but they are different depending on who manufactures them. some have less winding and less windings mean less power. the ohms on the cdi's can range from 257 ohms to 353 ohms of course the 353 ohm cdi is the better of them. same with carburetors. their is 2 different size slides and one will not work on the other. the bigger one is 1.5 mm larger. spark plug wires i know this from my kit. it was a piece of junk and it was like having a new motor when i replaced it. the engine itself some use 6mm cylinder studs, others use 8mm, Counter shaft sprockets are different. Some have larger cooling fins, and more. Here is what items I have found that are similar and can work with most of the other engines. Side covers, Magnetos, CDI's, Spark Plugs, Carbs. kinda like some car parts are interchangeable or AA batteries all look the same but they sure the heck are not. however things like pistons, rings, bushings ect are not interchangebable. so to wrap this up they may look the same from the outside but inside these engines are different and each manufacture in china has thier own inhouse inspections. take your time when you buy an engine and make sure it has a good cdi, wires, bearings ect. hope this helps clear things up a little
hey I had a previous motorized bike but blew it up and was looking for a new bike kit. i want it to be a 2 stroke as much performance as i can get, my budget is $150 CND i have money set aside for shipping. performance is very important to me. if you have any suggestions let me know

Lotus

Aug 13, 2020
hey I had a previous motorized bike but blew it up and was looking for a new bike kit. i want it to be a 2 stroke as much performance as i can get, my budget is $150 CND i have money set aside for shipping. performance is very important to me. if you have any suggestions let me know
Same here buddy. Not sure which to buy on similar budget lol. Here is a list of a few I found and asking for input:

bonefish

May 7, 2018
Stay away from all of them. They are all P.O.S's. Check out Staton Inc. or Golden Eagle Bike Engines.

user54508

Feb 3, 2021
Speaking of 2 strokes! I just bought this for parts for a build I'm working on! But my god this motor was so damn clean! I striped to to basic parts tossed out a review of it if anyone is interested! The thing that I found odd was the jug! never seen such a well made jug but it's one piece and has a bird on one side of it! with 70/80 on the other? Does anyone know more about these? They seem to have a arsh load of low end power!

Reactions: mapbike

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ive seen those one piece jugs but have not experience with them, Ive noticed that there are some really nicely cast jugs on the market now myself, I got one on that I ordered a few days ago and its nicer than any other I have ever bought since starting to tanker with these china girl engines back in 2009

I haven't ran one of the newer style ones with yhe open transfers yet, but Im looking forward to finding out how they perform.

I'm also curious about how the engines with the one piece jug/head perform and hold up.

Seems the YD100 engines hold up OK as long as the wrist pin keep clips are swapped out for betters one before ever running the engines and its a one piece design.

Anyway, if you run it let us know how it works out please.

Speaking of 2 strokes! I just bought this for parts for a build I'm working on! But my god this motor was so damn clean! I striped to to basic parts tossed out a review of it if anyone is interested! The thing that I found odd was the jug! never seen such a well made jug but it's one piece and has a bird on one side of it! with 70/80 on the other? Does anyone know more about these? They seem to have a arsh load of low end power!

user54508

Feb 3, 2021
I also noticed that there are some really good prices on the kits with one piece jug like you have
I put a windowed piston and a g2reed on one with the clone tuned pipe. Honestly... the thing can hang pretty well with a yd100 with the same setup. My friend followed me on my yd100 actually lol and this had no issues keeping pace! Everything on this yd100 is on this 1 peice bird jug!yes wrist pin clips suck! Wiseco cw10 clips are a boss to use though!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Wow... thats awesome!

I've never ran a reed setup on one of these little engines.

Did you have to do any special port work on that one piece jug for the reed setup?

I've always seem people talking about a "Boost Port" on intakes of the jug when they talk about using reeds, but I didnt know if it was a necessity or not.

I put a windowed piston and a g2reed on one with the clone tuned pipe. Honestly... the thing can hang pretty well with a yd100 with the same setup. My friend followed me on my yd100 actually lol and this had no issues keeping pace! Everything on this yd100 is on this 1 peice bird jug!yes wrist pin clips suck! Wiseco cw10 clips are a boss to use though!

user54508

Feb 3, 2021
Wow... thats awesome!

I've never ran a reed setup on one of these little engines.

Did you have to do any special port work on that one piece jug for the reed setup?

I've always seem people talking about a "Boost Port" on intakes of the jug when they talk about using reeds, but I didnt know if it was a necessity or not.
The yd100 yes was ported And polished. Other yd100 I have with the cut off top end is boost ported though lol! But yes this 80cc is polished and factor ports though!