Man....this is TIGHT !!! GT LTS-2 frame

GoldenMotor.com

motorbike57

Sep 30, 2015
louisiana
Got my GT LTS-2 frame and mocked up a motor on it. Man is it TIGHT ! I'm probably gonna have to do some modifications to the mounts to get the motor to fit just right. plus I'm probably gonna have to get a re-chambered stock head for it cause a fred head or a puch just ain't gonna fit !!!!

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Very Nice!!
You should be able to tilt the engine a little more forward and cut the rear mount block enough to fit a Fred head. My roadmaster frame was really tight like that and I got it to fit with a Fred head by cutting the rear mount block way down then used a die grinder and a 1" daimeter rotary file to correct the mounting angle on the front side so it matched the frame tubes on both mounting locations.
Another head option if the Fred doesn't fit would be the BMW head since it's very similar but more of a rounded top, and for a really tight fitting frame, Fred does make some with the spark plug hole on the side instead of centered as well as some that use the mini spark plugs, you could even use a dual fire head and put a spark plug on one side and comp release on the other, or just plug up the unused side... or just simply go with the HD lightning dual ignition.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Got my GT LTS-2 frame and mocked up a motor on it. Man is it TIGHT ! I'm probably gonna have to do some modifications to the mounts to get the motor to fit just right. plus I'm probably gonna have to get a re-chambered stock head for it cause a fred head or a puch just ain't gonna fit !!!!
Looks good! I have longed for one of these frames ever since I saw my first engine kit.

motorbike57

Sep 30, 2015
louisiana
yep, that's pretty stuffed. I've decided that I'm going to cut the front mount completely off and make a custom bracket that will be installed using the screws/bolts of the clutch cover and the magneto cover to mount it to the frame. That should give me a little more room, but it's still gonna be tight.