Titan xc50r magnum

GoldenMotor.com

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
Has anyone ever bought and used this motor before? I am interested in getting it for an Electra Cruiser 7D which I so hope will fit!

Lemme know if anyone has had experience with this!

What I am trying to go for is a 4cycle that will top out at about 40mph too so if you have any suggestions for kits that do this please leave those here too!

Thank you!

Drago

Sep 27, 2012
Rockies
I want to know the answer to this to at the listed price. You can buy a Honda gxh comparably............Honda or Chinese clone? Hands down the Honda!

SoCalBoy

Aug 20, 2015
Southern Calif
Has anyone ever bought and used this motor before? I am interested in getting it for an Electra Cruiser 7D which I so hope will fit!

Lemme know if anyone has had experience with this!

What I am trying to go for is a 4cycle that will top out at about 40mph too so if you have any suggestions for kits that do this please leave those here too!

Thank you!
I see that I'm not alone here... I was wondering the very same thing as OceanOtter, right down to the 40 mph too.

I've got a completely stock 49 cc HS that does 30 mph. Trouble is, I have to run full throttle. I'd rather be able to "cruse" at 30 mph and "visit" 40 mph when needed. But to sit there buzzing the motor at WOT just seems to be begging for premature wear. I'm still relitively new to all of this though. Please feel free to chime in... Thanx...dance1

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This engine?

---
TITAN XC50R MAGNUM
$279.99 and $19.00 shipping

NEW !!
Built in USA Made to order, this is our most Powerful 50cc 4 stroke ever.
Making 3.25hp and 2.95nm of Torque.
Comes with 76mm/3in 2 shoe Clutch !
----

That looks exactly like a China made HS 142 49cc engine to me.
Maybe he is just buying the parts and assembling the parts in the US with mods?

40 is nothing, right in the 6800 rpm HP sweet spot, you just need gears.

SoCalBoy

Aug 20, 2015
Southern Calif
Yep... That's the one alright. I agree with you about the gearing, it's just that I often tow a trailer to haul things and sometimes I load my trailer pretty heavy; add a couple of inclines and the stock HS motor at 1.88 hp just doesn't cut it like I'd like it to. Whereas the Titan XC50 R Magnum is rated @ 3.25 hp. That's pretty close to DOUBLE the horses! Now with THAT motor I can gear it up to do 40 - 50 mph, not a problem.

Anyway, this is "my" line of thinking.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yep... That's the one alright.
I agree with you about the gearing, it's just that I often tow a trailer to haul things.
By gearing I was talking about sharing the bicycles geared drive train with the engine.

Look Mom! No left side chain!

I prefer an internal 3-speed back wheel myself.
The chain is always straight and you can use HD single speed chain but this works.

Titan XC50 R Magnum is rated @ 3.25 hp. That's pretty close to DOUBLE the horses!
Now with THAT motor I can gear it up to do 40 - 50 mph, not a problem.
Horsepower has nothing to do with mathematical top speed as you know, that is a set formula by your engines max RPM's, Gear Ratio, and Tire Size.

I would take that DAX 3.25 hp rating with a spoon of salt.
Just like many 2-stroke vendors claim their cheapo 2-stroke 66cc 2.75 hp engines are 80cc and 5-6 hp, I suspect 3.25 hp from what looks to be a stock HS 142F 49cc engine with a new sticker just might be fudged a bit unless they are really building EPA OK'ed engines in the USA.

That would warrant the extra $100 over an HS anyway.

I like the HS 144F-1G 53cc with a couple cheap upgrades myself.

I don't have a dyno for test results, just a lot of hands on experimenting.

Get your valves set right (.04mm intake, .06mm exhaust), replace that restrictive box exhaust with a freer flowing long exhaust, and replace the stock plug with a slightly longer NGK Iridium plug for a bit more compression.

I'll run the 53cc shifter above against any stock 66cc 2-stroke direct drive and kick their butts in every single way possible.

My point is, with gears you change everything.
From dragging a boat anchor up a hill from a dead stop, to going crazy fast with the same machine.

Just a note:
You better have a darn nice bicycle before you start thinking riding 40+ mph. Really man. Besides the bicycle parts taking twice the speed they were designed for, you need to stop as fast want to go.

Hope that helps.http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

SoCalBoy

Aug 20, 2015
Southern Calif
Hey thanx for all this info, sure is useful. I'm real happy you brought up the shifting stuff too 'cause I've been thinking about this kind of thing for a while now. But when I discussed it with a very good friend of mine who also owns the best bike shop in the valley, I was discouraged. Basically his thing is that any motor puts WAY TOO MUCH force on a drive train that's strictly designed for a person to pedal. And when I consider the fact that the motor comes with a 415 chain and larger sprockets that's SO MUCH heavier than ANY bicycle drive train, I can't really pose a good argument against what he's saying.

And now you bring this up... So, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you some Q's about all this. My questions are basically all around durability and reliability of a drive train that's being used far more harshly than it was design for.

1) How long does the chain last? (in miles)
2) How long does the bottom bracket, bearing, races, etc last? (again in miles)
3) How long does the rear hub last? (in miles)
4) When things do go bad, is there sufficient warning, or does the chain suddenly snap, etc?
5) Is there any other high wear items? If so, please list them and how many miles that they last.

Please understand that I am in no way challenging you. On the contrary, because of your knowledge, I want to learn as much as I can from you.

I look forward to your reply...

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Good Q's..i have a hs142 with shift kit and 7speed cassette. After more than 1100 miles the bb,crank freewheel and rear cassette are still going strong. My only problem was my bike chain. One link was stick'n. My fault for not keepin the chain clean and lub'd. But I don't ride hard, I ride careful always tryin to sync my shifting. Sure beats wind'n out my engine anytime I go riding.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have a hs142 with shift kit and 7speed cassette.
My only problem was my bike chain.
Ya, 7-speed chain is just not very tough and only in-line with the drive sprocket in 4th.
Hence why I like internally geared rear hubs, you can run a nice KMC single speed 410 Z-chain, the same chain your shift kit has.

Even with a 7-speed though, gears change everything.