UNI Filter Blocks Throttle Cable... HELP!

GoldenMotor.com

SoCalBoy

Aug 20, 2015
Southern Calif
Here's the pics...
IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

Any ideas? Is there something to buy? Something to bend? I could monkey around and see what I discover, but I'd much rather ask everyone here so that I don't end up doing the wrong thing and costing myself even more money.

Any and all help/ideas is G-R-E-A-T-L-Y appreciated!!!

Thanx...

SoCalBoy

Aug 20, 2015
Southern Calif
Thank you MotaKitty,

I have thought of these very same things, so I agree with you. However, I am hoping that someone has some experience with this type of filter and could give me the "inside track" on what to do.

My concerns are... if I bend the bracket, will it break? If I get a longer bolt and stack washers (or whatever), does the angle cause premature wear on the carb? You see, I'm trying to do the job in the best way possible, and not just jam it together and go.

I welcome any 'n all input from as many people as have something to say... Please, don't be shy...

Thanx...

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I hear you, I like doing things one myself. I don't have any experience with 4 strokes but I would try spacing the bracket up and if the cable runs smooth then it should be fine.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
I'd say space it up, bend it, whatever works. If it breaks, it's not that hard to make a new one. For that matter, get some 16 gauge sheet metal and a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade and make your own bracket. Then you get exactly what you need, and you also get to feel good about yourself because you made something!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I agree with above post or you can slide rubber boot all the way back so the hose clamps just the end or beginning of air filter adapter. If it is to bounce then cut rubber boot to thickness of hose clamp and slide back to end of air filter adapter.