Mounting the clutch handle

GoldenMotor.com

smokinbenrage

May 18, 2008
Where is the proper location on the left handle bar to mount the clutch handle? When I mounted mine, I cannot pull it back to lock it into place without hitting the bar. I ended up mounting it on the end of the bar so that it has enough clearance to operate properly. Is there some kind of extension that I can install to allow enough clearance between the clutch handle and the bar?

Please Help!!!!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Grind a little bit off of the tip of the locking lever... (just enough to allow it to click into the little locking notches.) (^)
I've had to do this to every one of these levers so far!
The levers with a "push button" have never given me a problem. :ride2:

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I tossed mine and went to a brake lever it doesn't lock but I never had any real need to lock it that I couldn't slip a bit of inner tube over th brake handle.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Where is the proper location on the left handle bar to mount the clutch handle? When I mounted mine, I cannot pull it back to lock it into place without hitting the bar. I ended up mounting it on the end of the bar so that it has enough clearance to operate properly. Is there some kind of extension that I can install to allow enough clearance between the clutch handle and the bar?
Something doesn't sound right. My stock clutch handle locks 1/2 way in....either the clutch isn't adjusted right or you have a different animal....Indeed, pic please.