Beginning prototype first time build.

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Here is a rough video clip of my current progress with the motor build..

I still have to add one bracket and something to safe mount to prevent dissassembly by vibration. The seat bracket must be chopped and drilled through as the two tips unseen in the dark are subjectable to falling apart if not a solid whole.

It's a clutched Bolens 25cc huffy Granite 26 inch mountain bike with kill switch built in.

Please view the link below:

MotorBicycling forum my project prototype.: http://youtu.be/U8QfukQppig

Please leave improvements, comments, and ideas, as only thing left is to design the final mount on the side to balance the friction load.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Sorry to say that I couldn't see it very well or hear it very well. But that doesn't matter because rack mounted friction drives are not my specialty.

But you're building a bike. That makes you one of us.

Good luck and have fun.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Sorry to say that I couldn't see it very well or hear it very well. But that doesn't matter because rack mounted friction drives are not my specialty.

But you're building a bike. That makes you one of us.

Good luck and have fun.
Yeah thank for the welcome to the team, although I did not like the prototype as all prototypes are pieces of crap for example: "The original Xbox only had a life span of 1 year before the drivers burnt out" so I torn it down cause I felt as if someone was going to get killed by it or a winsheild busted out in addition, I also felt that when time comes to get its ped papers it will need at least 16 guage steel before it could pass by law. Last but not least I also ran into length issues with the kill switch which cut me about 3 1/2 feet short from reaching.

Here is a photo of what it looked like before I added the third arm bracket to the drop out.

[/URL][/IMG]

Here's the new mount space any ideas for this one let me know

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...19902544346.1073741827.100000390318498&type=1

Last edited: