clutch pin?

GoldenMotor.com

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands
i seem to be missing a part. probably a pin. it goes in the centre of the sprocket below

could any of you tell me what the exact dimensions of that pin are? so i can make a new one.
thanks a lot guys.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
called a bucking bar and there is also a ball bearing that goes in first,might look in sticky notes,Norm has a lot of engine imfo there and others too

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands
yeah thanks, found a lot of good info. sadly no dimensions yet.
so if anyone can tell me the diameter of the ball and pin, and the length of the pin, that will be a great help.
thanks in advance people!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
5/16" is close enough for the diameter but the length is so critical that you're probably going to have to experiment. Those parts are available from some of the sponsors here but they can be easily fabricated. Venice's suggestion to use the shank of a drill bit should be followed because you want a very hard material. The pin length is going to be somewhere between 32 and 35mm. You might have to adjust for proper clutch operation. Round and smooth the end of the pin where it contacts the actuator cam and lube these parts well. Good luck.
Tom

miker

Jul 12, 2011
texas
A little over an inch long. .3125 dia. adjust cable. Use HSS drill bit shank not cobalt it's too hard and will eat up camshaft or ball.