Chain Tensioner Problem

GoldenMotor.com

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
Hi Guys As We All Know The Stock Chain Tensioners Hardware Sucks I Have The Stock Chain Tensioner The Bolt On It Is Stripped And Wont Hold In Place Anymore I Need Some Cheap Ideas To Fix It I Already Know I Could Shorten The Chain Or Use Skateboard Wheel But Unfortunately I Dont Have Any Tools Or Money To Buy Another Tensioner Or Make One / Get A Good Chain Breaker Does Anyone Know A Cheap Method To Replace The Stock Hardware In These Tensioners ?

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
i cant adj the axel because on the right side the derailure mount is in the way so when you pull back it prevents it from going all the way back do you know if the bearing in these tensioners come off the bolt i already knocked the bolt out but dont want to tamper with bearing untill i get answer whether it comes off bolt or not because i had an idea to go to home depot and buy a another bolt to go through

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
i cant adj the axel because on the right side the derailure mount is in the way so when you pull back it prevents it from going all the way back do you know if the bearing in these tensioners come off the bolt i already knocked the bolt out but dont want to tamper with bearing untill i get answer whether it comes off bolt or not because i had an idea to go to home depot and buy a another bolt to go through
You can take the wheel apart (just remember what is what) I'd suggest buying a grade 5 or better bolt for your chain tensioner wheel..