battery trailers

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
When the wheel flew off it had 2 seventeen amp hour sla batteries and 2 12 ah ones as well. My guess is around forty pounds in a space of about 8 inches by fourteen inches. pretty heavy to lift and move around for sure.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
If you only have 40 lbs in it You might get an old tykes carring trailer,I think they are good for 100 lbs

1939 Hawthrone - $550 (Kansas City near Liberty)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-28, 3:43PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice bike for the collector. 2 speed internal hub gears with a tube mounted shifter. Working speedometer. Skip-tooth chain. Ready to ride. Do not respond to email, please call (816) 550-7217

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
but kids bike thrift store 5.99
angle iron to build frame 12.00
nuts and bolts 3.00
and its done.

Besides its always more fun to do it yourself.... well all except the walk home lol...

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Yep thats less expensive.,x's 1,just saying x's 2 starts matching prices of a used tyke trailer,and you could narrow the tyke trailer for width clearence that you need, and a lower batt box in the center for higher speed cornering,,,,I do like the Idea of the batt's. being on a trailer and not altering the bike handeling weight,just an idea

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
To be honest I use the scooter wheels 12 inches but the child's bike wheels would do the same get the batteries very low to prevent tipping when cornering. It also makes the bike very light compared to most ebikes. I have used batteries on luggage racks and find them very, very hard to balance. The other thing is at the cost of building one of these, even with the ugly outrigger construction, you can build two trailers and have a set of batteries charging all the time. Come in switch out trailers and be off again. I plan to do that when the weather gets nice enough to do more than one thing a day. I have more than enough batteries to build two packs over 20ah each. I pulled the trailer with the outriggers today and it actually held up really well. I think it will do just fine.

By the way I really do like the idea of the complete bike kit conversion that makes no real changes to the bike. I am pretty sure that I could mount one of these kits to a bike without making any changes at all. I have to have small wheels for my balance but it could be put on any size bike without any real changes to the construction of the bike at all.

Last edited: