powered rear wheel

GoldenMotor.com

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

Looks interesting BUT you can do the same thing by running a disc brake hub wheel and one of our Super Sprockets with or without the Top Hat Sprocket Adapter.

As a side benefit you can retain the use of all your gears whereas the wheel in the pic seems to only allow the rider 1 speed in the rear.

System can be used with OR without a disc rotor / disc caliper

Hope this helps.

Andrew

PS - Not sure about price differences BUT shopping for a rear wheel from a Shop like Performance bicycles can get you a rear wheel for
about $70, re use you old tire / tube and gears, add the sprocket and/or Top Hat and you should be good to go for less....and possibly better quality (have not see the wheel you speak of in person but if it is using the Grubee hub you can look for reviews on it)

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Not sure if you can get Worksman down there, but they have a nice heavy duty wheel. Double thickness, 11g spokes.

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
thanks guys for the replys, ill have a look into it. i realy dont like having to get my wheel trued every few months.

Well i might just save up my money from work these holidays and get a good wheel.
THanks
Duncan

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
getting a good wheel with a disc brake mount and using one of Andy's sprockets would probably be the best way to go imo.