Removed tensioner For The Win!

GoldenMotor.com

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
Per Venice and the better builders...removed my chain tensioner today...and the master link.
MUCH less chain noise and clanking...I love it.
About 4 miles now...no chain problems.

Thanks Guys!dance1

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
It's good as long as you're careful. If the chain becomes too loose over time, you might be facing chain getting wrapped around and jamming the drive sprocket on the motor. Also, I would think that you'd need your rear sprocket and the motor sprocket to be in good-enough alignment for this to work long-term. But I haven't heard of anybody without a tensioner have any problems. Just be careful, I guess.

Why, may I ask, did you remove the master link?

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
It's good as long as you're careful. If the chain becomes too loose over time, you might be facing chain getting wrapped around and jamming the drive sprocket on the motor. Also, I would think that you'd need your rear sprocket and the motor sprocket to be in good-enough alignment for this to work long-term. But I haven't heard of anybody without a tensioner have any problems. Just be careful, I guess.

Why, may I ask, did you remove the master link?
I didn't like the way it felt going together...

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
I didn't like the way it felt going together...
Fair enough. The chain(well everything really) is your call and do what works best for you. I've never had any issues with my master link, although I do see how it could be a problem if it just doesn't work right.