18mm mikuni carb. not much luck with tuning

GoldenMotor.com

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
thats what I thought short n sweet and mainly something I can understand.
Ive read some other tuning manuals where i find myself switching off half way through due to too many pages. It doesnt need to be that elaborate.
Ive got the next few days off so there will be plenty of tuning efforts going on around my local area...lol
Gotta say though its fairly embarrasing riding around when your bike is four stoking its butt off sounds dreadful. Look forward to the crisp crack that I've been hunting for.
Ive got a gut feeling im going to need to change the needle hopefully not.
Thanks for posting guys I'll let ya's know how it turns out.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
canning this pita carby for now and put the speed carb back on.

*the pilot jet seems to be set right
*theres abit of a hesitation from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle with the clip at he top but goes once opened up a tad more
*.60 main jet now and its okish in the top end but has the occasional miss every say 3 sec at WOT.

All in all from a take off at lower throttle it seems its never happy to sit at the same speed it constintly needs me to feed the throttle to stop it sounding like rubbish

After the WOT long run killed the engine and the electrode was white. moved the clip to the middle and then the mid range was probably worse marginally and the top end doing the same thing but the plug was now a coffee colour.

Seems this things going to take more time to set up than I have at the moment and I cant really see it making that much of a difference TBH. Just wanna have a bike running good atm is all.

Gunna have another go at it later on when the house is finished being built.