Newbie from NE Ohio

GoldenMotor.com

schwinnman

Dec 1, 2010
Salem Ohio
Hi guys. I am a Schwinn packrat with 25 bikes. I also collect Echo chainsaws. I am a metal fabricator with a weld and machine shop. I was going to mount my fav Echo saw motor on my pre-war Schwinn frame but the rotation is the wrong way to mount the motor normally. So i will keep looking at the cool bikes and figure something out. Thanks...Bob

schwinnman

Dec 1, 2010
Salem Ohio
Welcome to the forum, Bob. Oh boy. A metal fabricator into motors. I think you're in the right place here.
SB
Thanks. My dad was an Echo Chainsaw dealer and had a fab shop and i worked for him for 10 years fabbing and playing with saws. All kinds of saws. I went to the Echo service school so i could repair them. I have 22 saws in my basement 10 of them are the same model. Plus 5 metal lathes, mills, drills and 3 welders...Bob

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Thanks. My dad was an Echo Chainsaw dealer and had a fab shop and i worked for him for 10 years fabbing and playing with saws. All kinds of saws. I went to the Echo service school so i could repair them. I have 22 saws in my basement 10 of them are the same model. Plus 5 metal lathes, mills, drills and 3 welders...Bob
Welcome to the forum! Really looking forward to what you come up with. you have found a great place with awesome Ideas!

schwinnman

Dec 1, 2010
Salem Ohio
Thanks. I really want to use my fav Echo saw motor and i am trying to figure out how the run the chain down the RH side of the frame. I am almost ready to say screw it and turn my peddles around and put my bikes sprocket on the left side for looks and just run my motor on the right side. Oh well i will keep thinking...Bob

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
What are some of your Schwinns? I like the old ones when the y were still Chicago made. This fall I finished up a 50 straight bar with a four stroke HS motor, then a 51 Cantilever with Greyhound four stroke, am now finishing up a 49 Straightbar for a friend and this winter will do another cantilever build, a 53. Down the line I have ladies 42 "The World" I'd like to make into a three wheeler. I think old Schwinns are good foundations for motorbicycles.
SB

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
Thanks. I really want to use my fav Echo saw motor and i am trying to figure out how the run the chain down the RH side of the frame. I am almost ready to say screw it and turn my peddles around and put my bikes sprocket on the left side for looks and just run my motor on the right side. Oh well i will keep thinking...Bob
that should be ez, call sick bike parts and get there wide pedal crank set for the shifter kit they sell. it has 2 sprockets, one goes to the engine and the other to the rear wheel plus a free wheel for coasting. we all wish we had motors with a right side out put shaft. then we wouldn't need a jack shaft to do what you want to do.