Maiden Voyage today.

GoldenMotor.com

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
Hello all. My son and I build our first bike this week. 48 SkyHawk on a Huffy Panama Jack. It's amazing how much we have learned. Took her out for her maiden voyage today. Overall it was a success. We hated the chain idle and decided to just use a shortened chain. Managed to annihilate it (chain). Back to the drawing board and searching for some chain idler tips. Haven't had this much fun (with a bike) since it was 9 and got my first mini bike.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. My maiden voyage happened at night, so I was lucky to make it back alive.

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
Thanks for the welcomes. Well we finally fixed the chain idler problem. We moved it to the pedal chain and adjusted our drive chain. What a difference that made. Now our only problem is finding, manufacturing or stealing a smaller chain idler (we really want to keep the very cool PJ chain guard). So I guess we'll be looking for suggestions. Evidently Tractor Supply might have something close to what we need. Ace Hardware is tired of seeing us.

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
I think we have decided to throw caution to the wind and axe the chain idle altogether. What a clunky piece of hardware.