how much fuel does your motorized bicycle burn?

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Re: how much fuel does your ht burn?

i run WOT all the time, still get about 50, average. last weekend i did about a 70 mile round trip, full speed all the way, and still had fuel in the tank when i got home. not much, but some...

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

I usually don't make trips over 20 mile round trip, although I have. Use about a half of a tank or so. Don't know don't care..when low add fuel. 210# 66.5 cc

i run WOT all the time, still get about 50, average. last weekend i did about a 70 mile round trip, full speed all the way, and still had fuel in the tank when i got home. not much, but some...
You got bigger gonads then I do...never would I ride my bike WOT for so much as 2 miles, not because of the engine but speed. A bicycle is NOT designed for such speed. Should something happen to the frame, wheels etc you could end up FUBAR.

Last edited:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS

i guess my bike is a top fuel ht! i had a bit left in the tank after the ride but not much meanwhile my wife burned almost half a tank 2 liter tank I have the 2.5

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

...You got bigger gonads then I do...never would I ride my bike WOT for so much as 2 miles, not because of the engine but speed. A bicycle is NOT designed for such speed. Should something happen to the frame, wheels etc you could end up FUBAR.
Stock, factory bike & particularly boxstore w/the modern demand for lightness - yea, defo and I agree...

But run a solid vintage bike completely restored, upgraded w/the heavy duty Worksman wheelset, with every last nut, bolt & bearing gone over & upgraded too... now it's a lil bit different lol

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

MY "bicycle" is designed for top speeds. Like BA said, I built it to last and to handle the speeds. what worries me the most, is other people on the road. but i figure they're gonna hit me whether i'm pedaling along at 7mph, or raging next to them at 45, so i just go for it.