higher compression head

GoldenMotor.com

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
Thats the way to describe it, PULL TO THE MOON! I let off the gas as I blew by the store I was going to get cigs at. Plus the speed limit is only 35mph there!

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
Now I have to play with my carb because I put on my expansion pipe back on today. 3/4 throttle it is perfect but dogs out at WOT. Didn't do that with the old pipe.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Either wanting more fuel or less fuel....Try to run with out the filter, if it gets worse then it needs more fuel.....Just a quick test to see which way to go.....

zaviii

Oct 17, 2008
Chico, Ca
I have the vertical standing spark plug engine with about 5000 miles and the way I got more compression was by using a protruding spark plug, NGK BP5HS gaped to .30. I build and sell the slant head motorized bicycles and noticed the difference which encouraged me to do this. The protruding spark plug made a big difference over the stock plug and there is no piston/plug contact. Since I gained more torque I geared the bike down to a 36 tooth and reach speeds of 40mph and I 6'6" and weigh more than 250. Your going pretty fast when your eyes are watering where you can barely see while you are wearing glasses and you think to yourself "if I fall at this speed I'am dead" LOL

Alternative Transportation - Custom Motorized Bicycle Decals! - 49-80cc 2-Stroke Bicycle Engine Kits!

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
I just put on one of the new heads. It works great with my 18mm Mikuni and straight intake from Jim. I had to open up the straight intake to make the 18mm Mikuni work right. I have one of his rear billet 34 tooth sprocket set-ups, chamber and port work..She's a little screamer.xct2

Last edited:

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I just put on one of the new heads. It works great with my 18mm Mikuni and straight intake from Jim. I had to open up the straight intake to make the 18mm Mikuni work. I have one of his rear billet 34 tooth sprocket set-ups, chamber and port work..LET'S RACE..
I really need to take more teeth off the rear...I`m at 41 but need to be 34 to 36 or so....Your`s must pull to the hmmmmmm, past the moon????? Whats past the moon,lol....

Rocksolidperson

Feb 11, 2012
Australia
look at my high compression head from rock solid engines, it is in my signature link.

The high comp heads give the engine greater low end power and put out a deeper exhaust note.

aaronbentzel

May 2, 2012
York
Which high comp head are you guys running? So far I have seen three, one from pirate cycles, one from manic mechanic, and one from rocksolid. They all look different but they all have a similar goal: to increase compression. Do you guys have any imput as to which one will give you the most bang for your buck? Also, I think pirate cycles is a slant head. Will this affect performance? Thanks!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Only ones I recommend are the Fred head, the Puch Hi Hi head, and the Diamond heads... The one you posted is ok, but it's someone else's R&D work that made that head possible so that's why I won't buy one of the ones you posted. You can get the Genuine U.S. made one for the same price or less at crmachine.com ... with options to fit your engine's needs.