Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Got a chance to put the drive train back together today and then went for a quick test ride.......OMW, this thing is scary fast!!!

All buttoned up and ready to race, today's pics....

bit of a blur.... :eek:

This bike is running better and stronger than ever

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A couple times a week I take this bike for a short cruise to keep it limbered up till race day......I just can't wait to get to the track and let it loose once again!

I truly hope there will be some kind of competition for this bike, at the moment it sounds like I'll be doing laps by myself as the class has dwindled down to a handful of big bore bikes and not many will be attending for various personal reasons.

Sounds like electrics and high powered Mopeds may make a possible unlimited class, but I like when some serious built 200cc 4-strokes are there to compete against the same.....the most exciting fun races of the day. You wanna go fast on your 212cc Pred.........let's GO?!

Come play with #3......more fun than any video game!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Had a strange thing happen after racing at the Grange March 28. I let a few people ride the bike to see what they thought of it and the last one to ride it was one of my youngest son's, Bryson.

He pulled up after a short ride up and down the pit row and the clutch did not disengage. Wasn't really concerned as the races were over and it was time to pack up and go home. This past Saturday I finally got around to checking it out to see what the problem was as it was still stuck in gear so to speak. Pulled the clutch and couldn't really see anything wrong with it and then started disassembling it.

The 6 levers were moving freely as if it was disengaged but the unit was still locked up somehow. Turns out the thrust bearing had self imploded causing the clutch to lock up. This is a cheap easy fix as I just took one of a spare clutch I had lying around......it's $5.10 for a new one.

The reason for the failure was I left a 1/8" spacer off the shaft that put the primary chain out of line and caused too much side load on the bearing.

Here are a couple pics of the radial needle thrust bearing that failed:

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You say "clutch" generically but what is your overall review of that Norham Cheatah?

What kind of problems have you had with them?
This is the only real problem I've had with a Cheetah clutch and I have 4 of them.

When they get a lot of wear they tend to not disengage easily and it's time to dress them up or rebuild them. It's a good idea to blow them out frequently with compressed air and keep them clean.....they last longer this way.

The price of the Cheetah is good, if you shop around, for what you get. There are lots of clutches of this type and most are very expensive in comparison.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This simple build will be racing @ Grange Motor Circuit this coming April 2nd 2016 which is a Saturday. Come on out to Apple Valley (near Victorville, CA.) and see how simple this build really is, it's pretty fast too :D

See you at the track!!!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Come on out to Grange Motor Circuit Oct. 22 (next month) and race against this green machine

Installing a new fuel pump and that's about it.....ready to RACE!