burnt tangerine........

GoldenMotor.com

WOLF IV

Jan 13, 2009
dana point, ca.
finished this bad boy a couple of weeks ago. smooth riding and fast.. sorry about the shakey video, im recovering from almost loosing 3 fingers in an r/c plane accident. heres a pic of my fingers and the video of my hog! hope you like!!! well, not sure how to resize? or post my video? sorry...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
finished this bad boy a couple of weeks ago. smooth riding and fast.. sorry about the shakey video, im recovering from almost loosing 3 fingers in an r/c plane accident. heres a pic of my fingers and the video of my hog! hope you like!!! well, not sure how to resize? or post my video? sorry...
Howdy Wolf. I think the easiest way is post on a 3rd party (youtube or any of them) and post link. That is an awesome ride and am lookin' forward to seeing your vid.
dnut

WOLF IV

Jan 13, 2009
dana point, ca.
Howdy Wolf. I think the easiest way is post on a 3rd party (youtube or any of them) and post link. That is an awesome ride and am lookin' forward to seeing your vid.
dnut
OK, I TRIED RESIZING, EVEN POSTING ON PHOTBUCKET .WOULDNT WORK? ILL TRY TOMARROW..ALSO ID LIKE TO POST A RIDE ALONG VIDEO ONCE MY HAND HEALS UP.. IM UPLOADING ON YOUTUBE AS WE SPEEK... ILL POST A LINK WHEN FINISHED..

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
?OK...................................
LOL, think oylavabeer is saying it can be very trying to resize pics and post em. I use windows paint to resize. works great. The Photobucket thing, is now not working for me. I think they are having a glitch.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
sounds familiar, snork. But we will get you up and posted. (been awake way to long and my thinking is suspect)

Open paint.

click on file then open...

select pic

Image then resize/skew
I resized to 90%)

click on "save as" Remember where. If it was saved to pictures, some times you have to open "documents" first

I think you have to close paint.

click on the lil paper clip at the top of the advanced dialog window. (where you type to post, not "quick reply)

click on "Choose file" then click on "recently changed" select pic you want.

Then upload.

Hope this helps. Can be pulling your hair out, yell at the dog make ya crazy frustrating, lol

I did it step by step 'cause I couldn't remember off the top of my head how to word this.

Attachments

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Try emailing them back to yourself in "email size" and put them on your desktop or wherever you can find them easily or find and download a free prog. called "pictures editor". Works great!
Here;first hit looks good but I use the third one down. picture editor - Google Search

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was trying to figure out the vent too. It is in the cap?

There is a way to seal off large top tubes to use them as tanks and your solution would be awesome. I was thinking of just threading in a fill tube but venting was a sticky point.

(maybe a goose neck with the cap is 180*...himmmm)

Great vid. Really great MB. Was bummed you didn't fire it up so could hear her.

How are the fingers doing? Hope mending well.

Last edited:

WOLF IV

Jan 13, 2009
dana point, ca.
this link works; nice work, is there a vent for the tank?

YouTube - BURNT TANGERINE MOTORIZED BICYCLE
YEAH , IT WAS REALLY CHALLENGING TO VIDEO WITH ONE HAND AND THE BIKE KEPT FALLING OVER, DROPPING CAMERA ECC....I COPLETELY FABBED THE TANK. IT STARTED AS A COMERCIAL STAINLESS POT, I CUT IT ALL UP AND STRARTED BENDING AND WELDING. THE GAS TANK INLET CONSISTS OF 1/8'' STAINLESS STRAIT PIPE, 90 ELBOW, AND A MALE THREAD UNION JAMMED IN THE PIPE END. I THEN MADE THE VENTS BY TAKING THE TIG AND TACKING THE PIPE TO THE MALE UNION WICH ALSO SECURED THEM .. I THEN TOOK A FEMALE UNION AND CUT A CAP LIKE QUARTER SIZE THEN TIG MELTED AND BLENDED TO MAKE THE GAS CAP. I DRILLED A 1 1/2 '' HOLE AND WELDED THE INLET PIPE INTO THE TANK . IT FITS SO TIGHT INBETWEEN THE DUMMY TANK THERE IT DOESNT NEED TO BE SECURED. I REINFORCED THE INSIDE OF THE PLASTIC DUMMY TANK WHERE I DRILLED FOR THE PIPE TO COME OUT. I USED 1/4'' PLEXY GLASS DRILLED 1 1/2'' HOLE AND 1/8'' HOLES ON ALL CORNERS AND RIVITED TO INSIDE OF DUMMY TANK. I RUN AN O-RING BETWEEN THE CAP AND THE FILL SPOUT AS TO SEAL ALL EXCEPT THE VENT HOLES..THEN I WELDED A 1/4 '' BARBED STAINLESS OUTLET. IT HOLDS 34-48 FLUID OZ. THIS IS WHY I ALSO CARRY A 12 OZ. BOTTLE IN MY FRONT POUCH. THE ONLY DRAW BACK IS NOT SEEING THE GAS LEVEL.. BUT THIS IS WHY I ALSO HAVE A SPEEDO AND*( ODO).. . ILL SOON HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF MI PER GAL/TANK AND WILL BE GOOD TO GO, BUT COME ON- THESE LIL MOTORS GET GREAT MPG, THIS WAS THE WHOLE POINT FOR THIS BUILD..AND YES THE SPEEDO IS DEAD ON......... 40 MPH IS FLAT LAND SPEED WITH CURRENT SET UP. DOWN HILL WAS THE "48 MPH". WAY TOO FAST!!!! 40-45MPH IS PERFECT ON THIS MACHINE.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
YEAH , IT WAS REALLY CHALLENGING TO VIDEO WITH ONE HAND AND THE BIKE KEPT FALLING OVER, DROPPING CAMERA ECC....I COPLETELY FABBED THE TANK. IT STARTED AS A COMERCIAL STAINLESS POT, I CUT IT ALL UP AND STRARTED BENDING AND WELDING. THE GAS TANK INLET CONSISTS OF 1/8'' STAINLESS STRAIT PIPE, 90 ELBOW, AND A MALE THREAD UNION JAMMED IN THE PIPE END. I THEN MADE THE VENTS BY TAKING THE TIG AND TACKING THE PIPE TO THE MALE UNION WICH ALSO SECURED THEM .. I THEN TOOK A FEMALE UNION AND CUT A CAP LIKE QUARTER SIZE THEN TIG MELTED AND BLENDED TO MAKE THE GAS CAP. I DRILLED A 1 1/2 '' HOLE AND WELDED THE INLET PIPE INTO THE TANK . IT FITS SO TIGHT INBETWEEN THE DUMMY TANK THERE IT DOESNT NEED TO BE SECURED. I REINFORCED THE INSIDE OF THE PLASTIC DUMMY TANK WHERE I DRILLED FOR THE PIPE TO COME OUT. I USED 1/4'' PLEXY GLASS DRILLED 1 1/2'' HOLE AND 1/8'' HOLES ON ALL CORNERS AND RIVITED TO INSIDE OF DUMMY TANK. I RUN AN O-RING BETWEEN THE CAP AND THE FILL SPOUT AS TO SEAL ALL EXCEPT THE VENT HOLES..THEN I WELDED A 1/4 '' BARBED STAINLESS OUTLET. IT HOLDS 34-48 FLUID OZ. THIS IS WHY I ALSO CARRY A 12 OZ. BOTTLE IN MY FRONT POUCH. THE ONLY DRAW BACK IS NOT SEEING THE GAS LEVEL.. BUT THIS IS WHY I ALSO HAVE A SPEEDO AND*( ODO).. . ILL SOON HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF MI PER GAL/TANK AND WILL BE GOOD TO GO, BUT COME ON- THESE LIL MOTORS GET GREAT MPG, THIS WAS THE WHOLE POINT FOR THIS BUILD..AND YES THE SPEEDO IS DEAD ON......... 40 MPH IS FLAT LAND SPEED WITH CURRENT SET UP. DOWN HILL WAS THE "48 MPH". WAY TOO FAST!!!! 40-45MPH IS PERFECT ON THIS MACHINE.
Thats the thing, I have run out of gas so many times I have lost count. They are so good it just slips my mind, lol.

Wow, even 40 is crazy fast. My top end on the as yet to be broken-in Honda is a lil over 34 so far. 45 would get me in trouble.

WOLF IV

Jan 13, 2009
dana point, ca.
Thats the thing, I have run out of gas so many times I have lost count. They are so good it just slips my mind, lol.

Wow, even 40 is crazy fast. My top end on the as yet to be broken-in Honda is a lil over 34 so far. 45 would get me in trouble.
the other thing i havent mentioned is that i have only about 60-70 mi. on the motor and am still running shottty oil and reg. gas @ 20:1... i cant wait until its ready for my synthetic maxima race oil @ 32:1 with my 110/112 oct.VP race fuel, this specail mix i also run in my factory kx125.. woooohooo!!! shhhhhh dont tell...brnot.wee.

WOLF IV

Jan 13, 2009
dana point, ca.
Looks Good! Is your headlight powered off a battery or the white wire?
the guts have an old camping, head l.e.d lamp from wa mart (affordable) i had laying around . its a dual bulb and gets an ungodly amount hrs on the batteries, like 300 hrs or something outrageous. i then wired in my own mini on/off switch..this isnt permanent, if i end up using the bike @ night often eneph ill get a high powered light from the bike shop..($$$$).....