Hello from lower GA

GoldenMotor.com

jpullen

Sep 18, 2013
Damascus GA.
Hello I just completed my first build on a Cranbrook with a Grubee 66cc gt5. This site has helped a lot. I probably would have given on the cns cab without it. Not that the carb is working correctly, by it does idle now. Does any or know of a cns float adjusting video?

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Greetings fellow Georgian! I'm up in the North Ga. area myself.

Do yourself a favor and get a NT carb or NT Speed carb. They seem to be much easier to work with from what I have read. I admit I've never tried the CNS but I have tried others and still have the best luck with the NT Speed carb. They are about $18 on ebay with free shipping.

Good luck with your build!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Glad you've joined us.
Let's see, lower GA. Hmmm. Valdosta? Quitman?, Thomasville? All good places. I spent some time at Moody field, Valdosta back in the 60s. Love that part of the country.

I've little experience with the CNS carburetor it has a rather bad reputation around here. Some like it but most don't. As darkhawk said, the NT is a good little carb that is easy to tune and maintain. Just give it clean fuel and I think you'll be pleased with the way it performs. They're cheap too and easily found.
Here's a result from using our search feature. Lots to read on the CNS. http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...c.tab=0&gsc.q=CNS float adjustment&gsc.page=1

Good luck. Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Last edited:

jpullen

Sep 18, 2013
Damascus GA.
The kit i got came with the cns so it is the only one I have worked with though I was looking into getting an NT but I decided to get a MM sprocket adapter and spring chain tensioner instead. I just looked up thread after thread on the cns to get it working more or less. Being a Georgian do oh ever ave any problems with te cops Darkawk? I read the thread on legal stuff and research on my own but the letter of the law rarely matches the actual enforcement.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome to the site!!

I've also got a 'Cranbrook' with a Skyhawk, CNS V3 carb, spring chain tensioner (from Turbobuick1), and an SBP expansion chamber. I've actually had very good luck with my CNS and I haven't had to mess with the float. Just removed the left-side brass plug and used the adjuster under it. Got it to were it will do 34mph with the 44t sprocket.

Best of luck with your build! Seems like the mods never cease.......:D

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
The Hub adapter is a good move for sure! No build is really complete without one.

I've not had any issues thus far with the local police. We have a couple that live in our neighborhood and we actually have more problems with people letting kids drive golf carts around on the main roads.

The Georgia law is a bit vague. The bike should be or stated as less than 49cc and have pedals then it is considered a moped which is not subject to being registered or needing insurance. You do however need to wear a DOT approved helmet and have a valid drivers license. It's helpful to print out a copy of the laws and keep it with you just in case. That being said I usually try to stay away from the main road and mainly go through parking lots and neighborhoods.

Hope that helps!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Welcome to the best forum on the web from Central Texas.....jpullen

I have a new CNS carb that I have had sitting in a box now for several years, never even tried to run it, bought it and started seeing so many issues with them here on the forum I just stayed with the NT and have always had great results with them, very simple carbs that when jetted properly just plain work on these little engines.

I have seen that the new version of the CNS carb seems to be much better than the 1st generation ones like what I bought way back when, having the option to drill out that plug and have an air mixture screw is what seems to be making them so much easier to tune, You may do some digging on forum and take xseler's advice and do that mod to yours.

Best wishes on your build and happy safe riding.... keep the rubber side down my friend.

Map
reddd