My Titan

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Here is my inexpensive NEXT bike with required updated rear wheel, Triple lined Tubes, Shock absorber seat post with new Padded Seat with back rest . This next bike was only around 60 bucks and has aluminum frame with steel rear end isolated with a little shock absorber. This little shock absorber actually works great and takes the sting out of most bumps on the road and the the shock absorber Seat Post really helps too. Front forks are soft and when bottomed out on a bump is harsh. For most bumps it does the job and is only a spring with no real rebound. But over all soaks up the bumps and takes the harshness out of the road. For 60 bucks not a bad deal. Replacing the rear wheel with a wheel off of a Diamondback, Raleigh, or Trek is a must. The Rear Wheel that comes with the bike has cheap spokes and you will be popping them so a rear wheel update is a must. Other than that, it is not a bad ride at all for the money. I may try a Mongoose later. An up grade would be the mongoose XR400 which is over 3 times the cost of this NEXT at 180 bucks.. For now. This next will do and is just a hoot to ride with this Titan XC50. This Bike with the Titan is smooth and fast......Enjoy the ride...

Attachments

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Yes Thanks.. Now That I have that seat moved all the way back towards the engine since those pictures, it actually fits nicely. I can actually use the back rest which is nice. So far so good on this new seat. I got it off ebay. It was expensive. Not sure it is worth the hefty price, it cost more than the bike,,,,I will let you all know once I do one of my 70-90 miler one day rides. Then I will know.. As for the bike, Wal Mart where I am has them for 60 Bucks. 2 of them. Since today was black Friday, they may be gone. For 110 bucks, that is too much to pay for this bike since you will have to swap out the rear wheel. The Frame is sawed off and makes for a short wheel base so handling is not the best but ok once you get used to it. I like the front and rear suspension and that is smooths out the bumps. For 180 Bucks you can get a Mongoose with front Disc and rear caliper. I think the wheel base is an inch or 2 longer than this NEXT bike I am using.. For 110 bucks I would spend the extra 70 and get the mongoose. Some of the mongoose bikes are not much better than this next.. But some of the mongooses are actually pretty good.. The more expensive ones.. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I just got back from Walmart. I told you guys wrong when I said they have this Next bike for 60usd. IT is 64usd. And they only have one left. I looked at the Mongoose XR400. Front Disc, Caliper Rear. Hard Tail rear with rear shock so the Titan will work on this bike. Does anyone have one of these XR400's ? How does it handle? I would like to upgrade my Next to this XR400 bike but not sure it is worth the 187usd price tag. Let me know. Thanks...And...Enjoy the ride...

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i purchased the moongoose spear for my titan. has duel suspension and the disc front brake. it rides nice and very happy with it. i think it will make an awesome motorized bicycle

Attachments

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Hey Dax, some members dug this thread up because I was interested in your seat myself and posted your bike in the question. You said you got the seat off e-bay but i have been unable to locate it myself.

Do you happen to have any links to the seat/back rest ? If not I will build one. I really like the idea of lower back support and also I found a seat post like yours with the spring in it . Looks like I will get it next pay day.thanks for your review of it .

Also one last question, ye I know you promote the Titan , and since i have 2 new mongoose bikes like the green one someone posted above this post . I thought your 4 stroke titan set up would be awesome for it , but i want your review on it also.

Thanks for your time