dax chain drive report!

GoldenMotor.com

tankboy

Jun 22, 2009
louisville kentucky
i have been running a rear chain mount kit from dax since january and am very happy with it. i talked to duane before i ordered from him and he was very helpful and answered all of my questions. the kit arrived well packaged and was east to install. i used a robin subaru motor from a friction kit and have had no problems. the kit is installed on a trek bike and it goes about 25 mph, about the same as the friction kit but without the problems with tires i was having with the old kit. i use my bike to get to work and it has been reliable and trouble free. i also enjoy going over wet pavement or riding in the rain without the friction roller slipping on the tire. as high as gas is now i am surprised that more people aren' using these kits.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
Great to hear that it's working so well for you. Unfortunately not everyone can drive a motor assisted bicycle. Here in New Brunswick there is a ban on any bicycle with a motor on it being used on public road ways. I know i'm not alone in this as there are other places that have the same law. Some people wouldn't drive a motorized bicycle just because it doesn't have the raw horsepower that cars or motorcycles have. Some people think they are too dangerous. Some wouldn't use one just because. They would rather spend money on useless contraptions that promise better fuel mileage for the low, low price of just $29.95. That do nothing.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
tankboy,

glad it worked for you. How bout some pictures? I am with you and don't understand why it's not a popular option. Seems simpler than the friction drive set-up. No tire wear to worry about.

Good job,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
It's only a matter of time until they outlaw motorized bicycles in the US. So I'll enjoy it while I can!

Great to hear that it's working so well for you. Unfortunately not everyone can drive a motor assisted bicycle. Here in New Brunswick there is a ban on any bicycle with a motor on it being used on public road ways. I know i'm not alone in this as there are other places that have the same law. Some people wouldn't drive a motorized bicycle just because it doesn't have the raw horsepower that cars or motorcycles have. Some people think they are too dangerous. Some wouldn't use one just because. They would rather spend money on useless contraptions that promise better fuel mileage for the low, low price of just $29.95. That do nothing.