Will this frame work?...

GoldenMotor.com

CharlesT

Mar 27, 2011
Ohio
Before I decided to build a motorized bike I already had a bike in mind.
I would like, if possible, to still get this bike.

What I'm wondering is if it will fit.

I plan on having the Skyhawk 66CC and the Sick Bike parts HD shifter kit.

Will it fit?

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
what size is the seat tube? if it is 19" or bigger, you should have enough room. (this is not the same with every make and model of bike). i have a 19'' frame and the same set up you are going with. i also have the SBP HD airfilter, so i had to cut like a half inch off the front mount base or my motor to fit that.

but if you dont use that or have more room then me, you should be ok.. get some sizes up, and ill take some pics of how my setup fits for you.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
23" is huge....if that's so, you could nearly fit a V-8 in that bike! In all seriousness though, you should have no problem mounting an engine on that bike. The shifter kit may be a little tight however, just judging by the pic.

Also you might think about the wheelset that's on that bike, you really should have heavier duty wheels and a non-radial laced front wheel as well. Just don't want ya getting hurt due to lack of braking power and folded rims.

EDIT: sorry for my bad advice and info here, please disregard. By the way, nice bike and welcome to the forum(^)

Last edited:

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
it should fit.. i put a standard kit on a 21 inch frame, and i almost could fit another one above it..

this is a pic of the bike. it has NO shift kit, but plenty of room for one.

the kit will only make your motor sit a bit higher in the frame. well whats what it did to mine.. but you should have room to spare. good luck, and nice bike choice:) should be a quick ride.