What do you use your motorized bike for?

GoldenMotor.com

What do you use your motorized bike for?

• Commuting

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • All around general transportation

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Fun (Pleasure)

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Help you get or stay in shape

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
Picking up chicks.
I'm gonna hang with you and learn from the master ;-)

I'm using it for commuting and getting back in shape.

I used to ride my bike to work (10 miles one way) and it's about 95% all uphill (some sections very steep, and others fairly flat but still uphill) and it would take me around an hour at first and when I got in some kinda shape about 45-50 min. After cleaning up I'd still be sweatin a few hrs later and decided I didn't feel like doing that everyday so when I saw these little motor kits I figured what the heck, I can use it most of the time on the way to work and peddle home to start burnin off my double belted Michelin! ;-) For me it's a win-win with a 1/2 hr commute to and from work and not being a mess when I get to work!

Thanks for sharing and a lot of great answers. Keep'em coming.

Brian the Sign Guy
Everett, WA

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Everything, except hauling some larger things. I can beat the fastest motorcycle thru the city to the beach in rush hour!

exavid

Dec 12, 2009
Medford, OR
I have a Goldwing and Silverwing but alway wanted a motorbike since I was a kid and a neighbor had a Whizzer, quite a bit more than half a century ago. When I saw these engine kits online I knew I had to have one, a new Whizzer was more than I wanted to spend. I've only ridden this one about 30 miles, just about all of it around the neighborhood but it's a kick. It amuses the neighbors too. Today I came home on my Goldwing from visiting a friend in the next town and took the MB out for a ride just for the fun of it. It can't get much better than that on two wheels.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think other than just plain fun, the best use of my bike so far has been for meeting new people. I can't ride anywhere without someone coming over to talk to me.

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
I have to concur with Maxvision,theses bike are great conversation starters,every single time I rode my MB,I've been approached by someone curious about my bike.You'll defently meet new people on these things.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
For me it is cheap amusement. I am planning on building another one with an EZM Q-Matic for transportation though. I really like the idea of 4-stroke engines. Much quieter and more torque. I allready have 2 bikes with 2-stroke engines.