1978 paggio bravo {vespa}

GoldenMotor.com

bravofire84

Feb 13, 2008
I have aquired one of these classics and im trying to get it started i replaced the sparkplug but to no avial t still wont start so i come here to seek advice on what to do .:-||

bravofire84

Feb 13, 2008
i know its getting a spark maybe its the jets or dirty carb but im a newbie at this so i need to know where to find a free online manual for this model any other advice?

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I'm not good with carbs so I'll let somebody else chime in there. But check to see that the air filter is clear. Perhaps take it off and try to start it. If nobody else comes up with suggestions try opening the carb up (carefully) and spraying some carb cleaner around. Do you have fuel in the fuel line? You might also want to check around your area for a Scooter dealership. The old Vespas are immensely popular so they might have some ideas on how to fix one. Good luck!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I've been pricing scooters for a long time on Craigslist- It seems there are quite a few used ones on the market that are not running, and a lot of people selling them don't seem to have the ability to get them started.

The most frequent comment is usually that the scooter has sat for a long time and someone thinks the carb needs cleaning.

Of course it could just as easily be a blown head gasket or anything, scootwer replacement motors are a little pricey, several hundred dollars.

But it sounds like a lot of people are getting scooters and not using them much. I'm worried I won't be able to afford a car soon-

about the time I can't walk much or ride my bike, unfortunately- Sheesh! I hate Insurance....

P.s.- can you post a pic? I'd love to see it.