What my wife did for me today

GoldenMotor.com

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
I guess I'm just lucky.
While my wife doesn't always understand or support some of the crazy things I do.
The whole bicycle thing , she does.
Yesterday she found these cabinets at some sale some where and thought of me.
As it turns out. Perfect tool storage for my small bicycle hobby shop.
Thought I'd show them off , and praise my lovely wife for thinking of me...
23 years and going strong.

Down side:
She's so into the bicycle thing , my garage is starting to look like a bicycle wrecking yard.... She keeps dragging old bikes home.
She is one **** of a dickerer though.
Last weeks find was a Huffy cruiser frame , a 20" vintage sting ray ( in rideable but rusty condition ) and a very nice Specialized Hard Rock 19" MTB.
All for $20.......
Don't know where she found them , and it may be bad luck to ask.......

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
She sounds like good people to me, and a keeper. Congratulations on the 23 years and hope you have many more together.

Neat tool chest too.

Tom

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Man, oh man............

I've been married for 23 years, going on 24, too. My wife is a good girl in many ways. I've been lucky.

But..............she's completely disinterested in bicycles. She was actually a bit hostile to the bicycle in the early days. (Because, I suspect, she resented the fact that I wanted her to ride) These days she's neutral. But she won't ride.

And she's never, never, never brought home beautiful used bikes or nice tool cabinets.

You're a lucky man.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I guess I'm just lucky.
While my wife doesn't always understand or support some of the crazy things I do.
The whole bicycle thing , she does.
Yesterday she found these cabinets at some sale some where and thought of me.
As it turns out. Perfect tool storage for my small bicycle hobby shop.
Thought I'd show them off , and praise my lovely wife for thinking of me...
23 years and going strong.

Down side:
She's so into the bicycle thing , my garage is starting to look like a bicycle wrecking yard.... She keeps dragging old bikes home.
She is one **** of a dickerer though.
Last weeks find was a Huffy cruiser frame , a 20" vintage sting ray ( in rideable but rusty condition ) and a very nice Specialized Hard Rock 19" MTB.
All for $20.......
Don't know where she found them , and it may be bad luck to ask.......
Just smile and nod and find room! Women like that are hard to find.....

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am still crazy about my wife and we been 38 years. dang i am old lol. wait dang she is old lol.
boxcar that is awesome, i just moved back to the states and setting up shop in the basement. to darn cold to work on things in the garage

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Capt Z I've probably got clothes older than you! It's nice to see so many guys realize how lucky "we" are.

Dan

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
OLD? me to been together 52 years,my wife don't drive but she always points out old cars and bikes to me. I always pick up bike at sale and have built her a couple a good riders.
And at my age i now have heated shop in the end of a 40' garage, with way to much stuff. boxcar that is a super nice cabinet,i am always on the lookout for some like that,but hard to find................Curt