New from Chicago

GoldenMotor.com

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
Hi all. I just started reading this forum and find it an excellemt source for info. Thanks for all the help you did not even know you were giving me.

I am new to the motorized bicycle world. Been riding motorcycles all my life. From mini bikes as a kid, through dirt bikes and all kinds of road bikes. Current bike, Harley Ultra Limited.Recently got my wife an e bike and we both love it so here I am getting into the gas side. Any motorized bicycle is the perfect way to get around a large city. My poor Harley just sits now. I purchased a gas bike that was somewhat of a fixer upper, I have a lot to do to get it any where close to the level of the electric, in my opinion, the brakes are laking as well as the power.

My first upgrade is the motor. I ordered and hope to receive any day now a complete motor from Fred at CR Machine. I am hoping it will be as nice as I what I have seen in his vids. Next will be the brakes, so will be looking for advice and help here on that. I also like to take pics so if anyone wqnts to follow this project just let me know.

The bike I am starting with is the Genesis Astra 29er. nice frame and good looking wheels but that is about it. All the rest will need mods so I am all ears. Very open for suggestions and opinions on how to procede.

Thanks,

Pluto