Lost my chopper!

GoldenMotor.com

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
Nice triple tree with a nice price! Just might get a set and some ape hangers for my Jag that I put the flame job on.usflg My problem with the stiletto front disc is I want to keep the 48 spoke front wheel with HD 15mm. axle. No disc brake rotor mount on the hub and when I mount the caliper to the OEM fork mount it does not clear the spokes. I like the way I plan on gearing it. 10t on motor drives 24t on LH jack shaft. RH jack shaft has 18t to drive rear derailer. Freewheel sprocket on jack shaft for pedal chain. 24/18=1.33 multiplier to rear sprocket. 34t(1st gear) becomes 45.22T 24T(2nd gear)=31.9T 14T=18.6T Ultimate overdrive for flat land cruises. Just wish I had a gear in between 1st and 2nd. I think front and rear disc brakes are going to be a must.(c)

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
Just fired the Stiletto tonight. SWEET! All my neighbors watching and wanting to ride it. Have to do a little more tweeking on the expansion pipe for pedal clearance and make sure the deraileur works perfect and then, at last, I can ride it!

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
Rode the Stiletto to work today. This is one sweet ride! Not to say I don't like my other bikes!.shft.Don't look at the welds on the exhaust. To hot, to tired, and I ran out of gas! I will make it pretty later. I like my motor mount. Very little vibration by being mounted on sway bar end link bushings. Still more work to do but it is coming along. Progress not perfection!

Attachments

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
Dosen't look like a lot of activity on this thread. FYI- Front disc brakes on a Stilletto or the black xyz are no problem. Super fat rear tire on the black xyz wasn't a big deal either. Still working on a custom tank for the Stiletto! Need info just ask..shft.

i-paint

May 24, 2008
Hi, I built four stretch bicycles on Micargi frames. I've not had any problems with the frames at all. I wish I could weld as good as the welds on the frames I've used. I check them often. Many of the stretch frames for sale on the internet are manufactured by Micargi. i-paint

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I built one XYZ bike but had to put quite a few upgarades on it before I thought it was up to my specs. Good rear caliper and a larger rotor for a 4X24 rear tire. Replaced the standard six speed with mega-range rear freewheel. Got a good front disc brake wheel and made an adaptor so I have front disc brakes. Tossed the handlebars(friend has one of these and they broke). After some work it turned out great and is a ball to ride!usflg

Attachments

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
micargi puts our good ones and they put out crap too. My stretch builds have suffered from broken frames, but only on the builds I've drilled holes into.. (which I don't anymore as that's about a $200 mistake).. the wheels are crap, the 68 spokes are a beyotch to get the sprocket mounted onto, and you can pretty much forget about that Hi-Stop coaster brake. If you're good with swapping out wheels, then go for it. I use the Falcon GTS regularly for builds, and the china girl engines fit like they were made for that frame. Again, just don't dill the frame and be prepared to buy some double walled rims..

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
micargi puts our good ones and they put out crap too. My stretch builds have suffered from broken frames, but only on the builds I've drilled holes into.. (which I don't anymore as that's about a $200 mistake).. the wheels are crap, the 68 spokes are a beyotch to get the sprocket mounted onto, and you can pretty much forget about that Hi-Stop coaster brake. If you're good with swapping out wheels, then go for it. I use the Falcon GTS regularly for builds, and the china girl engines fit like they were made for that frame. Again, just don't dill the frame and be prepared to buy some double walled rims..
I am a big advocate of not drilling bike frames!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have almost 7500, hard, trailer pulling miles on my Micargi stretch (Mustang GTS)
I was nervous about the frame's quality after reading of cracks and stuff
all is good so far (knock on wood ;))

I believe that using a 4cycle (much less vibration) helps :):):)

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
i wasnt too happy with the snotty welds on my puma build so i went over every one with my tig and just smoothed them all out. its really long and the vibe from the engine goes from the back to frt like a wave lol