Short Ride

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That, was cool!
I need to make a library run. Maybe I'll do vid and post it here with yours, Dave. Those short rides to run errands can be fun. But don't you hate 'speed bumps'?
Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Your bike runs great Dave.
You kept up with that white car no problem. I wonder how your engine's set up..

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thanks guys glad you enjoyed the video.

2door: I need to make a library run. Maybe I'll do vid and post it here with yours, Dave. Those short rides to run errands can be fun. But don't you hate 'speed bumps'?
Please do Tom, would love to watch it. Speed bumps? To be honest no I don't hate them. I see them as a opportunity to get a little air lol. Our streets are so bad in some places speed bumps are a joke we have pot holes that are worse.

Trey: Looks to be about the same amount of traffic as in Bozeman, except your roads are a lot wider.
That ride to the post office was right in rush hour and I try to avoid riding at that time. Sunday early mornings is when I love to ride the streets are pretty much empty at least for a few hours. We do have miles and miles of bike lanes in this city.

Slogger: You kept up with that white car no problem. I wonder how your engine's set up..
It's mostly just a stock Star Fire with a Grubee fat pipe and a 36t sprocket. It will run in the upper 40's all day long and with a little tuning and changing the pipe header I can get a few more MPH.

But I'm not racing it anymore so its basically set up for daily riding. Decent top speed with plenty of low end torque is how I like it for daily riding. Fast for those open roads but plenty of low end grunt to climb some of these AZ mountains and hills and for those off-road trails.

I normally don't ride that fast unless I am out in rural areas but I was rushing that day.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Loved it! It was just like riding my own bike.

One exception, though: the purely 2 dimensional view made things like curbs and mailboxes much more scary than they are in real life.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thank you bluegoatwoods...

I do know when I video I move my head around too much and too fast. But I don't like to move my head slow or try to limit my movement. I figure its safer and better to look where and how fast I need to.