We Got A Builder! WOOT!

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Check this action out! We got a Builder here in Indy now:

National Moto+Cycle Co.

As the hobby was growing and builders sprang up all across SoCal, elsewhere MBs have been catching on a little more slowly. When I built my first MB, the Tempus, way back when, I was feeling rather isolated. I don't know if I had the first true MB in Indy, but it sure felt like it. People were looking at my bike like it just landed on Earth.

Since then, I've started to see other people's rides suddenly popping up. They'll wizz by before I can even say "Hello".

And now, finally, we have a local builder here. He's just starting out; he looks like he'll be carrying professionally built bikes, mostly with a boardtracker look to them; as well as China Girl parts. And check out the Helmets! Cool! I plan to get the old girl running and trek up there to say "Hi". Maybe even scope him out, see if he's the kinda fella I want to tell about the forum. I think he'd be good to have on board.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Looks like all their products are chinagirl-powered. That's a bad sign for a new guy with a pretty website, IMHO.

Chinagirls might be the past and present. But they really don't have much of a future, if you ask me. K, I'll shut up :D

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I took a quick look at the site, seems that the products are displayed as a computer graphic, rather than a photo of an actual bike.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Looks like all their products are chinagirl-powered. That's a bad sign for a new guy with a pretty website, IMHO.

Chinagirls might be the past and present. But they really don't have much of a future, if you ask me. K, I'll shut up :D
Okay, I pick up where you left off then...........more bored track knock offs, which to me means more cute little toy bikes for buzzing around annoying the neighbors. I wish someone would get serious about building a lightweight, quiet, reliable commuter bike for everyday real use.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I decided to check back in at National after my daughter's dental visit. They're really getting things underway over there. I told him about That'sDax. We talked about my own bike for a bit. I complimented him on the quality of his assembly and attention to detail on his paint. I don't know why he uses CGI bike pictures instead of the real things. His for-sale models look fantastic.

Okay, I pick up where you left off then...........more bored track knock offs, which to me means more cute little toy bikes for buzzing around annoying the neighbors. I wish someone would get serious about building a lightweight, quiet, reliable commuter bike for everyday real use.
Here's another thing he should put on National's web site: all the other bikes he has. Now me, I adore the board track look. I could stare at the old motordrome racers all day long. But I DO see where you're coming from. He's got some more modern stuff. He's also built some "corporate bikes" which employees of that company will use on new sites whilst advertising their company at the same time. He has a classic cruiser that he's working on (he likes the vintage stuff). AND he has the Pedigo electric bikes, and those are pretty good; nice range, decent speed for an e-bike, and at a close look they seem very well made.
In short, he's very serious about not only building a lasting business, but also about offering viable transportation alternatives. I have no problem supporting that outlook. But I do agree about one thing: he needs to flesh out the web site, or people will keep getting an incomplete impression.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO

He should do good enough, but sooner or later customers will start asking where are the 4 strokes?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Yes and take some pics of real bikes if they will allow it; and espically if they happen to be building one of the "bullet pods" Dang that loooooks hottt! From the CG pics it looks like he's mostly converting Felt bikes with some mods. Have you seen the helmets "in the flesh" ??? Those things look hot too! Very nice find.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Yes and take some pics of real bikes if they will allow it; and espically if they happen to be building one of the "bullet pods" Dang that loooooks hottt! From the CG pics it looks like he's mostly converting Felt bikes with some mods. Have you seen the helmets "in the flesh" ??? Those things look hot too! Very nice find.
Yep, he uses Felts. He trusts their frames more than most. He's really good at converting the generous top "tube" into a fuel tank, and his attention to detail makes it look like it's always been that way. And his paint jobs are perfect, every one that I've seen so far, and I looked at every bike he had out.

I have seen these helmets with my own eyes. They are mundo hot! And they offer REAL protection underneath your choice of leather or denim/canvas. I need to ask him if the goggles come with. I think they do. $89 isn't bad either way.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I agree w the Aleman...
The dirty burner 2 smokes are probably gonna be banned across the board, sooner than later.
Then there's $ problems and trade balance situations, not to mention increasing freight costs.
I'd like to see a dome manufacturer build something like the Ducati Cucciolo...
rc

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
This is great news! It's always good to see a small business starting up! I wish them well! I'm having an issue looking at the site at work so i'll check it out more this evening.