Micargi Falcon!

GoldenMotor.com

clack47

Mar 27, 2011
russellville
i know how everybody hate crazy outragous speed claims... and i havnt used my gps to find out (i use my phone, and i dont get 3g coverege here, makes my smartphone a big paperwight...) but iv had a friend follow behind me, she said she was going "about 45" holding distance. i think it will goes, id say between 38-42 toped out on flat ground, with me as streamline as i can get with out taking me feet off the pedals.

Tarebear

Apr 13, 2011
ny
Hey im looking into doing a falcon build...how did you handle the motor mount issue that people have been complaining about?

clack47

Mar 27, 2011
russellville
the main issue with mounting it the width of the mount, if you've got a dremmil tool(or a file like i used), you can just grind it wider, its a great frame to use but I've been having trouble out of the rear hub, bearings keep flying apart on me. you will have to use the longer studs for mounting too, but its all fairly simple i can post close up picks of mounting if you'd like, if your using the GT-5 frame you will run into more problems with mounting the gas tank, what i did was, flit the gas tank mounts over and mounted them from above by drilling holes in them. front brakes may give you an issue too, i haven't figured the best way to go. if anybody would like to chime in?

Last edited:

Tarebear

Apr 13, 2011
ny
Thx for the advice I think that I am going to try it out next week. I will keep you updated. Also what type of intake did you use to solve the carb clearance issue with the falcon? I was thinking either an offset intake manifold or a billet intake. Thx

Reed

Mar 13, 2011
Wausau, WI
I just ordered a GT-R from bikebuyers. dance1

How did you seal the top tube? It doesn't have any holes other than at the head and seat post, does it?