$6500 for a chopper. worth it?

GoldenMotor.com

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
rocksolid engines australia will be selling the rocksolid chopper some time next year and here is a link . go to the bottom of the page

Rock Solid Engines- Bicycle Engine Kits

http://www.rocksolidengines.com.au/images/customchopperbicycleengine_000.jpg

i sent them a message about this and this is the reply i got.

Our custom made choppers start from $6,500 + freight, this is not for chopper with an engine though, the cost of the engine & set up would depend on what type of HP you are after, please understand that these choppers are full size choppers & they are all chrome molly framing with genuine Harley Davidson fron end, the rear 300mm rim is machined from Billett aluminium & uses a real motorbike tyre, the cost for this alone is $2800

Cheers

Tony Riccio

Rock Solid Bicycle Engines
AUSTRALIA

wow do you guy think its worth it?

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Ok maybe someone will pay $800-1,000 for it if it had a engine,but it wont be me.
anyway with a large wheel like that it would take a even larger engine to move it,plus im sure you would really get noticed riding that thing around the streets.

the stingray occ is a lot cheaper.

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I don't really see that as being a $6000 wheel! I admit that there is a lot of custom work going into those bikes and the price probably reflects the cost of building one but you could get a reasonably nice used motorcycle for that price!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm not into the choppers at all. it's obvious they've put a lot of time and work into those bikes, but the main thing i would consider is ride-ability. as a bicycle alone, the thing is probably almost impossible to pedal. just to get that rear wheel turning would require an enormous amount of effort. from the looks of it, you couldn't stand up and pedal it to get it started, manueverability looks pretty unstable with the fork raked out so much, and for it to be driven with a chinese motor kit, no matter how hopped up it is, just makes me think it'd be the world's heaviest and slowest moped.

all that being said, it might look great in Jay Leno's garage.

as far as Rock Solid's other products and engine mods go, i'm really impressed with them, and i'm thinking of purchasing one of their engines sometime down the line, but that bike, in my opinion, is an idea that looked great on the drawing board, but in production, just isn't gonna work.

the description pretty much says it all. with a Harley front end and a huge motorcycle tire, it's basically a stretched motorcycle with a tiny motor. it's like putting a go kart motor in a '65 lincoln continental...

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
You can buy a mini 90cc V8 engine for that price and install it on Stingray Chopper... Would be much cooler... :D

I don't think the forks have suspension and front disc brakes on this one...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
People buy the Elephant Man's bone's
People buy Ridley's.
People buy OCC and West Coast butt jewelry.
People buy Lamborghinis.
Some one will buy those bikes.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Those are not gen-u-ine Harley front ends either. They look like straight tubes, and last I knew Harleys had suspensions.

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
In todays market, you can buy a nice Harley Davidson for that money!!! (seriously)
Your damm straight! I bought my bagger {mint condition, 38000 miles,pin stripped} Harley Electra Glide for $7000 and I just bought a stretch cruiser for $175.00 and motor kit for $120.00. I've got 3 MBs now and sold off about 4 others. Point is, The guys I ride with and sold to have used cars, live in apartments, and smoke cheap ciggarettes, I don't see anyone paying that much loot for an MB when you can get a cool motorcycle and new MB for $6500.00. I do give the Aussie props for the custom build and concept though. G'Day Mate.shft.

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
People buy the Elephant Man's bone's
People buy Ridley's.
People buy OCC and West Coast butt jewelry.
People buy Lamborghinis.
Some one will buy those bikes.
Not for me my friend, but my neighbor wants to know where he can get the butt jewelry? hahahahahaha Awesome man! Funny stuffdance1

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
yea i know for $1500 you could get a schwinn stingray xl spoiler motorise it with a morini engine +pluss some other goodies it'd be better to

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I've lost the link, but there's a website that sells designs for a variety of custom bikes you can build yourself, if you have access to a welder.

You get the tubing stock, cannibalize a bike for pedal thing and steering tube, and away you go. They had a couple of interesting looking chopper type bikes.

For much less than that price, you could get a welder, take some lessons, and grow your own.

I agree, though, that those aussie choppers look very nice indeed.

FWIW.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I've lost the link, but there's a website that sells designs for a variety of custom bikes you can build yourself, if you have access to a welder.

You get the tubing stock, cannibalize a bike for pedal thing and steering tube, and away you go. They had a couple of interesting looking chopper type bikes.

For much less than that price, you could get a welder, take some lessons, and grow your own.

I agree, though, that those aussie choppers look very nice indeed.

FWIW.
Atomic Zombie!!

Atomic Zombie Extreme Machines! - Bikes Trikes and Choppers Plans

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
Those are not gen-u-ine Harley front ends either. They look like straight tubes, and last I knew Harleys had suspensions.
i dont see a harley front end either. i bought my running 56 panhead for 6500 dollars. it's gotta be some kind of joke, or maybe i'm the only one laughing.