Custom Exhaust Build Part 1 & 2

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Not sure what you're trying to achieve but removing the end cap from the kit muffler is going to make your bike loud and won't do our hobby any favors or make you any friends with your neighbors.

You'd be much better off looking at some of the aftermarket expansion chamber exhaust systems available if you're seeeking better performance.
Contrary to popular belief, louder isn't better. Nor does it increase power.
Put the cap back on the muffler and look for some alternatives to performance enhancers.

66cc

Jul 14, 2012
HOUSTON, Tx
Not sure what you're trying to achieve but removing the end cap from the kit muffler is going to make your bike loud and won't do our hobby any favors or make you any friends with your neighbors.

You'd be much better off looking at some of the aftermarket expansion chamber exhaust systems available if you're seeeking better performance.
Contrary to popular belief, louder isn't better. Nor does it increase power.
Put the cap back on the muffler and look for some alternatives to performance enhancers.
For starters, I didn't intentionally remove the end cap. Almost every build, the end cap falls off on its own, and usually without notice, so cant go back and retrieve it.

I tried putting double nuts with some threadlock as well but to no avail.

On time I made and exhaust end cap myself from some large exhaust washers.

But for this build the threads inside the muffler stripped and wasn't able to do that. So I came up with this solution.

My intention was not to make it louder per se, but actually try to make it not obnoxious without restricting it.

On the topic of after market exhausts; they are way over priced, and this hobby of ours many people get into it as it requires and demands a low budget. Building on that theme, I was able to come up with a low cost option for people whose end caps fall off and don want to fork over 25-40% of the total cost of the kit.

Hence soup cans, and other things readily available.
The finished exhaust system had a total cost of about $10. Gave me extra low end torque, and was not obnoxiously loud, heck it actually sounded way better than any no expansion chamber exhaust i've come across.

This build was a trial and error based build until I was able to achieve best of both worlds, torque & sound.

Best,

66cc
xct2