Ammo Can Panniers

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Thats awesome I bet it would look soo cool on an army theme m/bicycle either way looks cool on yours perhaps a paint job?
How about a nice matte black paint job on them or even the same color of the bike might make them appear stock even. Thats all personal preference , be careful not to add to much weight to the rear, one could fit a plethora of tools in those boxes

Last edited:

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Hadn't decided on paint yet. When I got the bike it was stock color poop brown, and I painted it red and flat black. That paint is showing a lot of wear from placement and replacing of motorized bicycle parts though. At some point I may tear down and repaint. I'm thinking red and black on the boxes too.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Been planning on using some ammo cans like that for several years no but have yet to get it done, I like the look and the function......
I plan to line mine with a thin foam rubber glued inside to cushion cargo and cut down on noise of things rattling around in them..... nice job....!

Map reddd

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
If you painted the ammo cans an aluminum color, they would look a lot like the hard bags on the GS-650 and other adventure bikes.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
i've used those on a few bikes. they work great.

when i flipped my bike at 40mph the lid stayed closed and kept my gummy bears safe. hopefully you'll never have to experience that... :)
Heybairdco,
What caused the major malfunction that led to you flipping your bicycle @ 40+? OUCH ... that musta hurt .

I went down at 25-30 mph and felt it for a month..mine was black ice though not malfunction.. malfunction of the brain mabey!

All I remember was... all of a sudden I see the ground coming up fast and you say to yourself "this is gonna hurt .. then thud ,thud ,ooof ,crunch, & the screech or metal on the tar. then quiet" like that quiet few moments after a child hurts himself....up until the pain realization sets in then the wailing starts.
Except my wailing is me screaming out rude colorful metaphors and tossing the bike around for a few minutes. ...Let me guess chain locked up on ya?