Lastest Pics Nirve Sculls Commuter 68.5cc

GoldenMotor.com

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area
Lastest Pics Nirve Skull Series Cruiser/Commuter 68.5cc

I posted older pics yesterday. Check out the changes.
This is a hand built Nirve Skull Series bike with vibration absorbing front & rear 3 inch tires. Recently I traded out my 66cc for a 68.5 H2 Angle plug motor and a new 3 speed interplanetary hub driven by a Jack Shaft assembly (the only way to go in my book) when I had 42 tooth front sprocket with this assembly it reached a top speed of 42 mph. I changed the front sprocket to a 48t sprocket for more power (Top speed I have to settle with 38.6mph)to climb the ridge I live on about 800 ft above sea level. Been riding it over a year to and from work and on all types of terrain and its a Gas!!
I installed a cooler that holds a case of beer and some sandwiches but thats optional LOL!

Attachments

Last edited:

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area
I bought the bike had 3" "Nirve Fatass" tires produced by Nirve Bikes but converted to the 3" kenda flame.

Last edited:

AirPirate 32

Feb 24, 2011
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
michaelgrav,

I'm trying to decide between the Felt "El Guapo" and the Nirve "Skulls" for a cafe themed build. After weeks of research, I've identified three questions that are going to make the decision. 1. what's the rought diameter of the top tube; i.e. do you think a salavaged moped tank (Puch, Motobecane) will fit around it? I'm rpetty sure it won't on the Felt. 2. Without true front suspension, any issues to date? 3. What mods, if any were required to mate the rear sprocket and drive chain on the 3-speed base?

Thanks

AirPirate 32

Feb 24, 2011
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Speaking of the vice and virtue of building a Cafe Racer out of a bicycle, anyone tried putting a moped tank onto a Felt? It's hard to say if the "in frame tank" is too wide to get the tank down around...I like the Skulls, but i love the Felts...