choppin n weld'n another 'junk yard' frame

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Getting mm done. I'm gonna put a 1 1/2" band around the edge of the plate. I've learned to check and tac weld..check again from all angles...another tac..then weld.I had to cut tac's loose..knock it straight, tac again..ready now.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Thx MT, prolly didn't have to use a 1/2" bolt, but no wiggle. This build is using the swapped crank engine.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Hey 01, the drops surprised me by coming out the same! They are on the inside to give extra clearance. Gonna be single speed coaster brake.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
That CB is why I try to make all the swap meets, to find another air shock. The last one I picked up for 15$.. It is almost worth it to just spend the 100$ for a new one, cause the ride is worth it. They are bit*hen.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Went for a ride to Adams Motorsport Park, the track was holding a SuperMoto race. Absolutely a thrill hearing those thumppers roar buy! And the mini moto's..one kid was 9 and FAST. Rode road racer style. Be going more often now that I know its not just go karts,,and they don't race the shifters there anymore.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
I got the rag joint sprocket on, and you know takes a little fudg'in to get it centered..now all I have to do is disassemble, and turn the sprocket around...

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Might have to make a toolbox/battery box behind seatpost. A lot of space there. Like I could make something like that..prolly be flat shaped piece of alum...lol. One of the 'things' I was after was,getting the engine lower and I did. Seeing that I'm going to spring saddle this bike, I'm thinking ,cut out the seat tube, bend one for a better look.
The drop out to slot out mod, I can't see where weld is done, but it is welded or brazed too?

The bolt there also hold it together?

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Knowing I'm a budget builder, I was going to use a cranbrook wheel...was..rim and spokes for me are ok..but the hub..is way to cheaply done. Could use advice on a coaster hub*

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Laced up a schwinn coaster hub. Got the sprocket on the right way. I'd like to space it out by putting another three brackets between the sprocket and rubber. By widening the chain stay, I can now mount the Js low. The seat is done. That lil shock is awlright. It doesn't bottom out. Have to go to a auto upholster to get some foam. What I have is way to soft.

Attachments

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
With that wide seat probably the foam you can get to repurpose would be good. I had tried some foam I had around for a banana seat that needed more padding for trail riding. It just was too soft and bottomed out too easy. I bought a large rectangle piece on line for about $15 I think. Still bottoming out. I cut a partial section out of this foam and put more resilient foam in as a subset per say. I find it worked out well, just the covering is old tape and lots of it. I'm think eventually maybe some cover over that to tack it better to the existing banana seat.

I actually need to stand on pegs more often than not on trails and am now fitting Honda trail bike foot pegs I got from Ebay. The pegs I had that were the mini bike type my feet slip off too easily when in steams or mud crossings.

What kind of material are you planning on using to cover the foam, and how to attach. Pictures if you can... thanks!

I'll be watching. Always like to see unique builds.