New Year , 2017, What new products would you like to see?

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Rotatry engines are the future. Incredible efficient, small and lightweight. Also, they turn incredible speeds with a lot less moving parts.
IKR! The liquidpiston prototype weighs 3 pounds, does 15,000 rpm, and produces 5.5 hp, and has I think 2 moving parts. And it gets 3 ignition cycles per revolution. It's incredible.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
they'll probably finish it right about the time the tree huggers outlaw all gas motors

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
They're reputed to be thermally inefficient, but in some roles that doesn't matter. What does seem to matter is the excessively high royalties Mazda want for each one made. Forestry workers and others using powered tools and experiencing vibration whitefinger would be grateful if this were not the case.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
I think an aftermarket top end assembly for chinese engines would be awesome. Something with a light piston and pin to help vibration, high quality castings, and better mounting systems for exhaust and intake. plus it could use a sleeve and increase performance.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm still hoping for- but not expecting- a 33cc China Girl- at much lighter weight and much less noise- with the same kind of clutch start for the much lighter transportation and better rolling bikes of today.

The original motors were 50 ccs and just when new lighter frames and wheels had come along in the cycling world, the 66cc motor came out when guys were mostly using old cruisers with heavy steel wheels as builds.

Building for speed and power is fine, but there's nothing that's kept up with lighter bikes for shorter urban uses. The bikes and the motors went in opposite directions.

I'd also like to see lighter plastic tanks that fit a bottle cage or under the top bar of a diamond frame. A kit could weigh in at more like 10 or twelve pounds instead of 18.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'd like to see someone make a 'bullet proof' magneto (like they used to make 10 years ago)!

Way back in the day, magnetos would never go bad no matter how bad you abused the bike.