"Salt Rookie" newbs first build gonna need help!

GoldenMotor.com

Rocket123

Mar 27, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Co
This is my first motorized bike build. still not sure what motor i am going to use but my plan is to build the bike first then motorize it. the first problem i am having is with the rear wheel ( to much going on) I bought a wheel for a whizzer it has a sheave and a disc brake. I am not sure if i want to use the sheave or a sprocket adapter. pretty sure i want to keep the disc brakes. but there isn't anywhere to put a freewheel sprocket for the pedal side. I think the disc brake has an adapter. here is a link to the wheels any ideas. http://www.ebay.com/itm/252363754797?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any and all help appreciated. here is a picture of the mockup.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rocket123

Mar 27, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Co
An update picture, yes it looks similiar to the mockup but now it is this far along. The kenda flame tires do not run true at all the rims are true but the tires are wonky. Any ideas TY

Attachments

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Return the kendas if you can, imo, they suck. I've had the best luck with Bell Glides, with Kevlar belts. 1000 flat free miles, much thicker in the tread and sidewall than any kenda I've handled, and priced well, at $25. Lots of folks naysay Bell tires, but not me, my experience says otherwise.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
An update picture, yes it looks similiar to the mockup but now it is this far along. The kenda flame tires do not run true at all the rims are true but the tires are wonky. Any ideas TY
Remove wheels let out air .you need to make sure need is set in rim. Fill up with a little bit of air and gently bounce wheel and check and make sure bead is even all the way around on both sides keep doing this as you fill. Also if you don't have a 3.00 tube or what ever size tires are that will do it. Sure a smaller tube will blow up to fit but it is very thin and will not help side walls any. Geez to much coffee!,,for me

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Sounds like you need to properly seat the tires. I put the tire on, some air, then walk around the tire squeezing and pushing making sure it is sitting right on the rim, then some more air, repeat, Etc. start around 10psi and do this two or three times going up 10psi each time. I run kenda kwests, unfortunately they are high pressure tires but I run them on the low of 45psi and get very good wear for the price ($12 ea).

Rocket123

Mar 27, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Co
Sounds good 2door. We are planning to be at the Colorado mile at Watkins airport over Labor day weekend might be a great place to cruise a bike up and down the pits.

Rocket