Why no 212cc builds?

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm sure this had something important in it, but I can't read it.

It's just not worth the effort to even try to read it, which in itself speaks for you bud..

If you can't even take the time to compose a readable reply, I tend to think we can expect that same kind of thing with your builds?

Anyway, as mentioned, good luck and try not to get any of your customers hurt, if you can even find a customer that is, $3,000 illegal regardless machines are just not in high demand except on the sets of 'Mad Max' type movies, they are all death machines ;-}

Last edited:

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I know that post is kinda all over the place, and likely sounded better in my head. But I always take the time to read through and attempt to understand the points being made. Not every bike is made equal, and road bike frames like mine aren't exactly the best when it comes to durability. That is why most of my frames are going to be trail frames. They are designed to take vertical and lateral forces and distribute them throughout the frame structure. They are more flexible, but also stronger. They also usually come with front and rear suspension to absorb 75% of the shock.* The predator, I've read, usually has more vibration than the Honda gx200, but that is mostly because of the larger bore and fairly unbalanced crankshaft. When I build my first one, I will post a video showing vibration, reinforcements, and a 10 minute top speed ride, starring the mounts of the engine with the speed in mph overlaid. The first will always be my personal, and that will likely be a chopper, just cause I like the style and I don't want to pay 50g just for an engineered street legal occ chopper. Id rather build one and make it street legal.

midwestmayhem

Dec 23, 2011
southeast S.D.
figured I'd throw mine on. I've ridded the bike a few times but it stays parked mostly. I should ditch the pedals they are an accident waiting to happen. I broke the freewheel inside the rear cassette once replaced it with used one, so far so good. Stock engine with governer does wheelies easy. I can't keep up it when I need to shift.

not you average build

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=40383&page=2

I've learned 212cc is to much for a cheap bike like mine. Should be put on a heavier frame with gussets and heavier rims. Some use moped rims.

if I keep it I'm going to do may upgrades, but I have too many other more important projects to do right know.

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
this 212 was installed on a 2008 whizzer ambassador , it has ran more than 3,ooo miles and no frame damage
yes a much heavier frame is the way to go

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
OCC,
A guy I work with has installed a Kings Bikes Death Row in a Huffy Deluxe. Not my choice, but it works. Goes obscenely fast with noting but the coaster brake. Some frame modification is needed. He is a pro welder, so the fab. was not beyond his ability. Down side is the torque converter mounting plate from Kings Bikes has a casting flaw.
They break. Better to just get a HF 212cc and a torque converter from a go-kart
supplier. I you need photos, I will do my best.
Tom from Rubicon
Hope this helps

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
If you are going to give your friend a plug.
Richards frame and tank are a lot less than $3000 and he sells more than two a year.
Best to call him.
I meant complete rolling frame and engine kits, not just the bare frames, they aren't that cool hehe ;-}

Dickie and I go way back to our high school party days into our adult party days, and he heard what I going through and stopped by recently.

We talked a little about bikes, but mostly about life.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
Would this WCC bike take it? It is a custom style that looks like it has a gas tank.
Doesn't look like enough room to put it in there.
These are big and heavy (35 lbs / 16kg) motors.

I have a 196cc clone and am wondering what to do with it...

I'm thinking 2 speed belt driven off road fat bike.
As long as I have pedals and don't go too fast I'm good.
Maybe something like this but with pedals?

http://www.moto2x2.com/en/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d1jNHBA5hA

http://coolpile.com/rides-magazine/taurus-2x2-russian-made-terrain-motorcycle-can-reach-everywhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3718935/The-bizarre-Russian-mini-road-motorbike-fat-tire-motorbike-taken-apart-five-minutes-fits-trunk-car.html

http://www.jebiga.com/taurus-2x2-motorcycle/

Scorpion1

Mar 21, 2017
AR
New here, I am picking up my new bike for my 212cc build. Already got the engine and parts. The bike is at UPS and I am getting it tomorrow.

Here's the bike!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Up date on my buddies Huffy Deluxe - Death Row build. Last week, his rear hub seized.
Major wipe out. He over hauled the hub weekly, so lube failure not a factor.
Just a cheap Huffy with a 212 Predator. I am waiting for a post mortem of the hub.
It has me concerned as I have the same bike though only a 49cc 4stroke power plant.
Tom from Rubicon

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
New here, I am picking up my new bike for my 212cc build. Already got the engine and parts. The bike is at UPS and I am getting it tomorrow.

Here's the bike!!!!!!!!!!
Im in the middle of a 212 build myself right now. That frame is cool but if you dont have access to a machine shop it will be all but impossible to put a 212 in that frame. Also is that frame aluminum? If so I would not trust that frame. If you want to do a 212 safely I suggest you either get a older frame like a pre 60s Schwinn frame or spend the money for a frame from Helmet and have a custom made frame.

Good luck on your build if you pull that off it will be cool but be safe as you do the build.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
Up date on my buddies Huffy Deluxe - Death Row build. Last week, his rear hub seized.
Major wipe out. He over hauled the hub weekly, so lube failure not a factor.
Just a cheap Huffy with a 212 Predator. I am waiting for a post mortem of the hub.
It has me concerned as I have the same bike though only a 49cc 4stroke power plant.
Tom from Rubicon
if you are worried about a rear wheel contact LabRat ( Ted Shell ) and order one of his super wheels beefy is a understatement for how strong his wheel is and the brake is a moped hub so a lot of stopping power.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Scott,
Do you have a link for LabRat ( Ted Shell )?
My buddy and I were at a company meeting today. After the meeting I inquired about his injuries. Badly skinned right knee and puncture wound to his left thigh. Ouch!
He is going to have me photograph the post mortem of the hub. He needs a stronger rear wheel as I don't think he will give up the 212. If I ever venture into the 212 club it will be a Sportsman Flyer 200 build.
Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Im in the middle of a 212 build myself right now. That frame is cool but if you dont have access to a machine shop it will be all but impossible to put a 212 in that frame. Also is that frame aluminum? If so I would not trust that frame. If you want to do a 212 safely I suggest you either get a older frame like a pre 60s Schwinn frame or spend the money for a frame from Helmet and have a custom made frame.

Good luck on your build if you pull that off it will be cool but be safe as you do the build.
Scott, my buddy and I work for a steel fab Co. and he is a certified welder/fabricator, frame mods are what he does very well.
Tom